Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
We stayed at the Prazerez last year.
We have stayed at better in Candolim including Highland Beach.
It was clean but is in need of some TLC and breakfast was limited to toast unless you paid extra. Probably would not go back.

Valentines Retreat is on same road as Prazeres but set back and in its own grounds, not been in so can't comment.

This is a web site for perola do mar http://www.travelmasti.com/resorts/peroladomar.html

It is opposite the health centre, right in middle of Candolim, again not been inside.

Good luck.

Steve
We have reviews for the first two hotels
here
However we don't have for the third one- will request for it to be added and hopefully someone can review it for us.
Perola now added - we just need a review from someone now!
hi lezlie if you look at the bottom of the summerville site there,s a direct link to valatines resort . andy

http://www.summervillebeachresort.com/index.htm
thanks everyone.

now I'm like a kid looking in a sweet shop window :roll: , so many goodies but I can only have one :lol:

thanks once more

lez :wave
I have just come back from 2 weeks at Valentine Retreat and can highly recommend it. My mum in law owns an apartment there - very nice indeed
Please do not go to Prazeres.I have just come back on Sunday and it is VERY noisy at night.The bands play at top sound and you cannot sleep till well after 2am some nights. The rooms are clean and staff good but the noise will drive you crazy. It can also attract loud,egotistical brits like a man who stayed there while I was there.He was someone who organizes visas for british people and gets them quickly for a fee.We had to move room because this man was soo loud in the bar we could hear every word he said from our balcony!! Never again!!
That's a shame Anne. I hope the hotel didn't spoil too much of your holiday. Would you return to Candolim?
It can also attract loud,egotistical brits like a man who stayed there while I was there.He was someone who organizes visas for british people and gets them quickly for a fee.

What a shame Anne......I have spent a lot of time and effort avoiding those `cliche` British tourists who are such poor ambassadors of our country, but sometimes you still end up with one in your face.

Hope it was OK after you moved.

Tony
edit
post deleted.
Please refer to our T&Cs if you wish to continue posting here
3. Show respect and courtesy to all other users
Fiona ht mod
Wow!

Talk about two sides to a story.
Well done on deleting that post, HT moderators...bit nasty for the holiday season I thought. :)
I'm giving this post a second chance, as it was not the original poster who caused the problems. If you can help lezlie- great, but please do not post remarks about anything else. Thread unlocked.
Hi
I've just booked to stay at Valentine's Retreat for the end of February for the first time (previously stayed at Victor Exotica, Dona Alcina and Magnum Resort).
I'm glad to read positive feedback on this place.

I know where the Prazeres is - on the road towards Panaji - but could anyone please tell me where Valentine's Retreat is in relation to the Prazeres.
Is it closer to the beach or further along the road? If so, how much further?

Thanks
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.