Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
So pleased to hear you both had a good time. Congratulations to the both of you. :love I think most people fall in love with Cyprus when they visit! :sun
Congratulations to you both http://bestsmileys.com/wedding/9.gif

So pleased it all went well for you :lol:

Helenxx
Congratulations to you both :love

All the best for your future :D

gail............
Congratulations :love and thanks for your comments about the forum :) !

Kath HT Admin
Well done to both of you.. must be enough to cope with all the setting up of a wedding at home.. never mind doing it abroad and as a surprise...
Congratulations to you both on your wedding. :love

Sounds like you had an amazing time.

We are staying too at the Riu Cypria Bay next year. We are getting married on June 1st (Cant wait) and as you have stayed there can you tell me alittle about the hotel? Was there nice gardens around the hotel to have pictures? Also we have not booked a reception for our friends :ghug and family yet and wondered if to do something back at the hotel or to book a yacht to take everyone out on? Can you advise on either is there suitable grounds to hold just a drinks reception with canapes outside at the hotel?

Sorry for all the questions but never having visted Paphos before im alittle in the dark. So pleased your day went well and hope married life is bliss
:thanks
Sally
Hi,

First of all, the hotel is excellent. I posted a review on that hotel.

The pool area, situated at the seaside, is amazing for taking pictures. A bit further away on the seaside-walk, in direction of the harbour of Paphos you can make realy exciting pictures, especialy when the sun is going down.

Also in the lobbybar, on the same floor as the reception, with his piano you have plenty off opportunities to make excellent pictures.

About the reception, we didn(t plan things in advance. We arranged everything in the hotel once we got there. Returning from the church we had pictures been taken and then we had a small reception in the lobbybar with (french) champagne and weddingcake. We ordered everything in the hotel at the reception. They even offered us an extra bottle of champagne for free. That is service ...

Champagne : 12 cypriotic pounds / bottle.
Weddingcake : 10 CY£.

They served everything on a decorated table (white special napkin and white flowers).

In the lobbybar you have a lot off space, so no problem. The others guests act very sympathetic so ... very pleasant.

If you would like to hire a boot, you will find a lot of opportunities in the harbour. I think you could better go there once arrived and discus prices.

If you have further questions, don't hesitate.

regards
Patrick
Hi congrats on your wedding in paphos. I am getting married on the 29th May 2006 at St georges chapel, but I am staying at the Rui Cypria bay and it sounds like there will be alot of brides staying there too!! :D we have just come back from visiting paphos and managed to have a look around the hotel, it is lovely and the gardens are nice too. (Information for bride getting married on the 1st of june). I visited the Maris next door as this is where you can have your hair and make up done for the wedding, the ladies seemed nice and its £15 for bridesmaids and £25 - £35 for brides hair. We have booked our reception at a restaurant called varda's. It caters for wedding and is set in a lovely place, right on the beach. They have a private restaurant upstairs and it looked lovely, the views are amazing. They will arrange the tables and seating for you, provide ballons etc. We have chosen a set menu for £15 which is three courses, I have also booked a DJ for the evening £170 for 6 hours I have their details they are english. If you want any information just let me know i will be happy to help.
Hope this helps
:ghug
Congratulations to you both, what a lovely surprise you arranged for your wife, I'll show this to my husband!!!!

I wish you lots of happiness! :love
Hello all,
I'm getting married at the Agia Kyriaki Church on July 20th this year and aying at the Riu Cypria Bay with 80 guests (!!). I was wondering if anyone knows if we could arrange a disco or a DJ for the evening reception or could tell me what would usually be arranged? Also has anyone had a wedding bouquet from a florist in Paphos? I was going to take silk flowers but would prefer fresh. :roll:
please take the time to read through the [cyprus wedding thread]

wizard
Please post any further wedding related posts in the above mentioned topic.

I will lock this now to avoid duplication.

Kath HT Admin
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.