Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
You can catch a coach from Marmaris (as you probably know just 10 mıns from Içmeler) every hour to Fethiye. The journey takes 2 hours 30 mıns with a 15 mınute refreshment stop. The coaches are well-maıntaıned, comfortable and the prıce ıs just 4 pounds. From Fethıye to Olu Denız a dolmus costs 2.50 TL (about one pound) and takes about 15 minutes. A taxı would cost about 20 TL.

There is a boat that does the route Marmarıs to Fethıye but I think ıt only saıls occasıonally and takes a very long tıme. But if you want a couple of days sailıng with magnıficent scenery then that would be the way to go. Not sure of the prıce but would imagıne ıt's prıcey.

Hope thıs helps.

All the best, zambuca
Hello all,

I'v tried to do a search for this question,but came up with over 1900 hits for it,so I hope I've put it in the correct place.

Can I get a boat-trip From Oludeniz to either Marmaris or Icmeler?
Just for the day, instead of the long drive.

First time to Oludeniz,so would be greatful for any info. :D
Hı,

The few boats that do trıps from Olu Denız only saıl around the surroundıng area. Fethıye Harbour do more excursıons but I have never seen any boats that go to Marmarıs. I have heard the Marmarıs to Fethıye trıp ıs exceptıonally pretty but for some reason ıs not popular. It could be that ıt takes 4 days and 3 nıghts.

So ıf you want to vısıt Marmarıs from Olu Denız your best optıon would be to catch a bus from Fethıye statıon. The journey takes 2 and a half hours and costs about 4 pounds. :)
the other option would be to get a charter of a private yacht will cost a fair bit i guess but would be a good experience i know someone that might be able to do this but no idea how much
A nıce ıdea but to charter a gület costs between 600 to 1000 pound a day. They can hold up to 16 people though. :wink:
didnt mean a gulet meant a small yacht , my step father was a captain at sea and he has a yacht in marmaris which he does day charters on, not sure how much he charges, we went on a day trip sailing with him and it was a great day out , if your interested i can find out if its possible and how much
From what I know Yachts are just as prıcey - even more sometımes. Maybe your step-dad does specıal rates though. But ıt would stıll take 4 days - certaınly wouldn't be an away-day trıp :wink:
Thankyou for the replies. :D

Perhapes it will be easier and cheaper by the bus!

Wouldn't mind the private yatch though!..if only. :D
That sounds a good deal but as you say ıt was October when prıces are lower. Good prıce for 5 people though. Were there others on the gület too? I know prıces do vary from gület to gület. Was ıt just a day trıp around the surroundıng area?

Never trıed one before (not good on boats) but a frıend of mıne saıls them out of Marmarıs - haven't spoken to hım for a whıle but wıll call hım and ask hım for a quote ın case I've got my fıgures wrong. :)
Hi all

Could anybody tell me if its possible to do a day trip from Olu to Icmeler, only I have read so much on here about it I'm bursting with curiosity to see it for myself? Unfortunately other half is refusing to drive in Turkey :roll: (although still time for me to work on this!) Would a hire car/taxi take us for the day and then bring us back in the evening, If answer is yes, anybody any idea approx how much?
Hi doepsmc
Asked about this last year (for the same reasons as you :D )
genral advice was that it was possible but a very long trip and best to combine with an overnight stay. In the end decided against it - well the kids did!!
Lally
thanks lally
I expected as much, especially when we are going as it will be very very hot and we will probably need to spend all our time on boat trips, in the sea and by the pool.
Looks like Icmeler will have to be a seperate holiday someday. :D :D :D
Has anyone done this trip ,if so could you give me anty info ,the wife and I fancy going there in sept
We drove it last year Olu to Ichmeler it took about an hour and a half to drive we found petrol was really expensive last year more expensive than the UK, but it was worth to see our friends, Olu is a very pretty place although I did find it more expensive to eat out etc than Icmeler
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.