Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
hiya we also had this problem this year we love marmaris but felt we needed a change we finally decided on altinkum the esra appartments with first choice they seem to have everything we need,we aslo have a 16yrold and 13yr old
You know what I'm worried about? I think you always fall in love with the first place you visit in Turkey. We went to Marmaris first of all, our second holiday was in Icmeler, but we ended up spending so much time in Marmaris. But.... I've got to be brave and give somewhere else a go.

peacelili
there are several nice beaches in Kusadasi, Ladies beach is the most popular & is similar to icmeler beach, there are shops, bars & restaurants along the promenade .. so easy access.

all the other beaches are accessable by dolmus & there is quiet a choice, Kustar Beach, Long Beach, the National Park.

I went to Icmeler & Kusadasi last year & they do have a similar feel to them, i always stay in the ladies beach area which is not so busy as the centrum area (which is more like central Marmaris), there is plenty to do, with a good nightlife within walking distance of the hotels.
The centrum is just a few mins by dolmus, where there are more restaurants, bars & shops.
many kusadasi beaches are blue flag, we normally frequent the long beach area really nice, as a previous member mentioned ladies beach is really popular but you do tend to get crammed in like sardines there, ie hire a beach lounger in rows, afraid that wasn,t for us but saying that the beach was nice, further up the coast the beachs are far less occupied even in the peak season, I,m afraid we haven,t been to the other area you mentioned so cant offer an opinion, all the best anyway,
I've been to both and I preferred Altinkum.

Everyone has there own favourites though. I would go back to Altinkum but I wouldn't return to Kusadasi...
Also depends on what else you want to do.
In the Kusi area you have some fantastic waterparks easily reached by Dolmus which the kids will love. I can vouch for Aqua Fantasy and AdaLand personally and I have heard tell of another one. You also have Ephesus for a bit of culture again is you go on a Dolmus and let the kids run around they may enjoy it as opposed to having to stand with a tour guide all the time which is informative but boring!
I`d pick Kusadasi every time over Altinkum, but prefer Long Beach to Ladies Beach, that one gets so crowded you feel as if you`re being regimented into tightly packed rows. My daughter also loves Silver Beach, but we haven`t tried that one. We thought that the sand on the beach at Altinkum was a bit flat and hard, a bit crunchy feeling, but the place itself wasn`t bad, still prefer Kusadasi though.
Hi. Well, I would pick Altinkum over Kusadasi anytime. Will be going back to Altinkum for the 8 the time in August, and you very rarely meet people who have only been there once, people seem, like us. to go back to Altinkum year after year. I will be honest and say I only visited Kusadasi for a day trip, but wasnt impressed at all, and wouldnt consider going there for my hols.
quick word of warning, last summer we learnt at our expense that crime happens everywhere including turkey,whilst enjoying a swim in the sea at kusadasi, a young turk started to excercise right by our towels and upon returning from the sea discovered my sons wallet with £200+ and his top of range mobil phone had been taken, the alleged culprit had swimshorts with an elasticated band just below his armpits which is why we noticed him in the first place, the local police and fashion police should be informed immediatly if he,s spotted
Went to Altinkum last September-very disappointed- the roads in looked like a building site with acres of new real estate going up, the beaches are ok but small and crowded- and not that clean-there is'nt much Turkish about it, the main strip is lined with bars and cafes selling English breakfast, Sunday lunch and bloody Kareoke! (at English prices!)
Spoilt and reminded me of a mini Blackpool.
we went and stayed in Kusadasi for a few days-much more real Turkey with real people living there!!
nice looking beaches and a more cosmopolitian night life, so good we are staying in Kusadassi in October for 2 weeks! :wink:
I have a fairly daming resort report on Altinkum-in the resort reports! (I can't believe I wrote those things)-but I don't know how to set up a link!!
ive been to turkey loads of times and have visited both kusadasi and altinkum, i probably wouldnt go back to either again but preferred altinkum, the hassle we got in kusadasi drove us all mad, have you thought about olu deniz its a lovely place, not too much hassle ,my kids enjoyed it there last year as there was plenty of things to do and the scenery is fantastic, shops in hisaronu are good and its only 5 mins on the dolmus or there are plenty of hotels there if you prefer to be there instead, but holiday are down to the individual everyone likes different things. i prefer pretty places to huge blackpool type places, i like icmeler and only like marmaris out of season as way to busy in the summer for us
we went to altinkum in 2003, although we really liked the resort, we thought the beaches were dreadful, packed and full of fag butts everywhere, my kids couldn't build any sandcastles because of all the butts, it was disgusting. we went to kusadasi for the day, but didn't like that at all, loads of hassle--not all friendly and just like blackpool in the sun really, ( altinkum is also a bit blackpool like--but really friendly) we haven't been back to that area since, now we go to side. :)
i think you all are being a little hard on altinkum i live here and its not as bad as you are making out to be.The people are nice and friendly and would do anything for you i have recently got married to a curdish man and his family are great.if you come here why not try akbuk just near altinkum is quiet and has 2 island you can sunbathe on or you can chose the beach.its an up and coming area so you dont get hasseld :roll:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.