Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
My friend did this trip a couple of years ago while she was out staying with me in Gumbet.
There are hourly stagecoach-type buses both ways, it cost her £7 return from what I remember, and the journey took about 3 and a half hours each way. She stayed over with her friend in Marmaris, then came back to Gumbet 2 days later.

Hope this helps,

Elaine
There is/was a Hydrofoil Service running to Bodrum, from here Gumbet is only a short Dolmus ride away. Chelsea Boy or John Toohey may be able to help you better so PM them, Chelsea Boy especially, as he lives in Turkey.
There is feryboat from Bodrum to Datca or Gokova. Gokova is short way but feryboat is running morning and evening times. You can ask daily excursions offices in Gumbet or Bodrum.
I did this trip last year - Marmaris to Bodrum - 3.5 hrs - £8 each way.

Fantastic Scenery - 1 stop for drinks - good road - just pray that you get a bus with A/C !.

Toffeeman
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.