Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
There is a road over the hill between Bodrum & Gumbet - probably takes at least 1/2 hr to walk it.

It's a bit steep so you might be looking for a Dolmus on your return journey :wink: .

Toffeeman
ok toffemen,thanks for that,i`m sure we`ll give it a go!!....Everton fan by any chance?!
Depending on where you're staying in Gumbet, it doesn't take long to walk over the hill to the start of Bitez bay. It is a bit of a hike back up again though - as Toffeemen has already said, maybe get a dolmus back.

Elaine
We`re staying at the Ilge which apparently is quite central.
Yeah,

Thats at the Bodrum end of Gumbet - so you'll be a good 20-minute walk through the resort to the start of the hill going over to Bitez.

Elaine
If you did decide to get the dolmus it would still cost the same as a taxi if there are a few of you.
The dolmus is good fun, I know it seems a bit scary at first but you will find once you have done it you will be ok, we have been taking our Grandkids to Turkey for years, four in total, and had no trouble with travel, give it a try, you can always get a taxi back.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.