Eastern Europe Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Eastern Europe
My vote Krakow but I have never been to Riga

Linda
I'd vote Krakow too - it's got a great mixture of history, culture, galleries wonderful architecture, bars, restaurants and nightlife. Plus knock-your-socks-off-put-hairs-on-more-than-just-your-chest deliciously strong flavored vodkas!

Never been to Riga but I've heard it's nice.

I know other people love it but I actually dislike Brussells a lot! Due mainly to a wet, washed out, disappointing day trip I took there a couple of years ago. I'd go to Bruges - fantastic city - rather than Brussells.

Wherever you decide have a great time :D
Not been to Krakow or Riga but I found Brussels probably the most boring city I have ever been to. Yes nice restaurants some nice buildings but I dont know whether its becuase its the home of european government departments and multi national companies but it had no real atmosphere.

Nightlife definitely not up to much.

Kind Regards
Stewart
Been to Brussels and Krakow, I thought Brussels was expensive to eat and drink, Brugge (we went there for a day) much prettier and a bit cheaper, Krakow was good, food and drink were in plenty and were cheap, never been to Riga so cannot comment, have you considered Prague, again cheap food and drink and lots of things to look at etc

Polly
Only been to Riga, so can't comment on other two cities. Airport and bus transfers were efficient and the city looked lovely in the deep snow. I am not sure it would have the same feel in October.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.