MSC Sinfonia
Ranked #110 of 133 cruise ships

A medium sized vessel of Superior rating. Built in 2002. Carries a maximum of 2020 in 783 cabins, 403 of which have ocean views. Four cabins have wheelchair access.

Cabins are medium sized with showers. Balcony cabins have a bath and sitting area.

There is one show lounges, a cinema and a casino on board.

MSC Sinfonia MSC Sinfonia is rated 3 out of 5 from 23 Reviews
65% of users recommend this cruise ship

Entertainment  stars
Staff 3 stars

MSC Sinfonia Reviews

"best holiday I have ever had"
Brenda Jordan cruised on January 2014
The best holiday I have ever had. The entertainment was the best ever, every night we went to a show and in the afternoons there were always some participating sports to be had. The entertainment team were great, they made us feel so special, dancing with the ladies at night. I do not like to stand in queues to eat, so at lunch time I went into the dining room to eat, was served with smiling faces. At night we sat at the first sitting which was 6.30pm, i preferred the earliest sitting as it gave us enough time to listen to the music and dance abit ...
before the show. The bonus on any trip is the stop overs at the different islands, Portuguese and Madagascar, this is always weather permitting, we had beautiful weather and the dismemberment on the small boats were so well organized, just well done to the boys. Our cabins were serviced twice a day, everything was spotless. We were a lot of ladies together and it was so much more fun, no nagging husbands!!!Will I do it again? Definitely, Mauritius 2016.

"Mixed Review"
Kerin Lisa Naidu cruised on January 2013
I sailed on Jan 31st 2013, aboard the Sinfonia which was supposed to go to Madagascar. Upon arriving at the embarkation tunnel, they were handing out flyers saying that we are no longer going to Madagascar due to a cyclone. Instead we were going to go to Maputo and Portuguese islands.

They were arranging to change our cruise dates but expected us to pay more. Totally outraged and disappointed I decided to board anyways. They were literally cruising at 5kms per hour, taking us two days to reach Maputo, which from previous cruise experience took us 10 hours.

The food was monotonous and average as compared to my last cruise in December 2009 Staff was excellent so well presented. I enjoyed the entertainment and atmosphere as well. Service and cleanliness was an A+. Would I go again, probably.

J. Govender cruised on December 2011
Most of the ship was spotlessly clean. However the toilet in the balcony suite had a terrible odour on the day of our arrival. Considering how much we paid for this suite, it was disappointing to know that we had to pay for the water as soon as you enter the cabin. The beds are made over everyday with the same bedding (it should have been changed at least once). although there is a variety of food in the buffet it is bland and almost tasteless. Obviously the Indian tastebud is not catered for. The cost of the photographs (118 dollars) for one A4 photo is a rip-off. An iron and kettle should be made available in the balcony suites. I\'ll still sail again because one can only hope that the reviews of your passengers will seriously be considered.

SCM Le Maitre cruised on December 2011
It is a beautifull ship but the food was a major disapointment and it was very difficult to commuticate with the staff even in English

Tour Operator: My daughter

Christine Raffray cruised on February 2011
My teenager daughter, her friend and I returned from a most enjoyable 4 night cruise on board the Sinfonia on Friday 18 February 2011.
It was interesting to read the various contradicting comments below. I feel very few people realize the amount of planning and work involved in catering for so many passengers. Of course sometimes things donít work out as expected. No one is perfect. Whether on a cruise, at home or at work we have all experienced unpleasant situations. Thatís life!
To expect our holidays to be perfect is unrealistic. So letís enjoy them and take the good and bad happenings in our stride. Happiness is a choice.

Tour Operator: Starlight

The Vale Moms cruised on February 2011
1 reader found this review helpful

We were a group of ladies who decided to go on The Love Boat with Jacaranda 94.2. Entertainment was never-ending and fantastic. We came to the conclusion that maybe it was cheap labour or something but seriously the staff were so unfriendly and could not speak any english. Our orders were always incorrect and noticed that they never wrote down what we ordered . From the time you embark, they try and sell you something and all you seem to do is pay pay pay.Is there any training involved with the staff or is it just a case of employing cheap labour. We only realised when ...
we got our bill that they charged each of us to clean the cabin everyday, so they made R150 from each of us to make the bed? They closed the mini bar earlier than they were supposed to so we basically had nothing to drink for over 12 hours in our cabin. Please please please put little coffee/tea in the cabins, as it\'s nice to wake up with a cuppa and not have to wait hours in a queue to \"pay\" for coffe/tea. They say don\'t drink the water because they want you to buy water, however on the day you disembark they glady give you a glass? Why must everyone pay for everything, it\'s nice to get a freebie every now and then too. They must make an absolute fortune as you pay in dollars and with aprox 2500 people, you do the math. Thank you Jacaranda, you guys rocked that boat, but seriously do something about the staff !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tour Operator: Private

Yvonne Janssen cruised on January 2011
We spent 10 nights on the Msc Sinfonia over New year. As we arrived in our cabin with balcony, we saw that the bathroom was dirty and it smelt like urine. The rest of the cabin was clean and tidy.
The food on the ship was well presented at nigth, but tasteless. Our waiters were very friendly and helpfull at Il Covo. The waiters at the various bars where rude and very unfriendly, especially with the kids. If you do not eat at the restaurants, Il Covo or Galeone, be prepared to stand in a long line for food and wait for seats. Towards the end of our cruise, we ...
just went to our cabin and ate on the balcony. There is no coffee making facilities in any cabin.
Our entertainment was good, but you have to be seated about 45 minutes before each show to find space. And it irritated the hell out of me how rude people was who came later, and then pushed in, nearly sitting on your lap. Not mentioning the groups of people \"booking\" seats for their friends prior to shows, and kids running up and down the stairs. The noise and the behaviour of the younger kids (and some adults) onboard, was getting to us. This is definately NOT a holiday where you will experience peace and quietness. Everything on board is charged in Euros....making it very expensive for South Africans.
We could not wait for the cruise to end.....there were alot of very unhappy South Africans onboard. All complaints fell on deaf ears. We felt that the Italians did not care if the passengers were happy or not. That was the way they do things and you have to just fall in or get off at the next port. This was a trip that I planned a year in advance, something I was very excited about.....what a dissapointment.

Dickson cruised on November 2010
1 reader found this review helpful

We have just returned from a 3 day cruise from Durban to the Portugese Islands. I found it a wonderful experience. Since this was our first cruise and after some reports that I read, I was quite reserved. But from the moment we queued to the moment we set foot back in SA, it was a good experience.
The ship was clean, the cabins immaculate, no smells whatsoever.
The food was good and tasty, however I expected more from a four star liner. But there were plenty and it felt as if we could eat all day.
The staff were friendly and helpful, but were strict on kids once or twice, ...
which is not a bad thing, since unruly children can get hurt around a pool or running in corridors.
The prices of beverages were surprisingly reasonable.
The embarking, emergency drill, excursion to the island as well as disembarking were done professionally and with great planning. I will, however stress that you attend the information sessions.
There were only two irritations for me, firstly, since the deck is reletively small, the deck chairs are closely together, smokers do not seem to have much consideration for non smokers or even children. We had to get the kids to another location, since a group of young ladies, smoked us out of our seats.
The second thing was the locals at the Portugese Island, harrassing you to buy their goods.
Make sure that you keep both rands as well as US Dollars with you on the island, in small denominations, as locals see a loophole by claiming \"No Change\".
I can surely say that it was a wonderful experience. Thank you to the staff onboard the Msc Simfonia, you are doing a wonderful job.

Tour Operator: Starlight Cruises

Jamie cruised on July 2010
Just come back from a 1 week cruise on Sinfonia. Journey encompassed departure at Livorno then Monte Carlo, Valencia, Ibiza, Tunisia, Sciliy, Naples, arriving back at Livorno (Florence).

Positives

Ship fantasically clean, from the cabin, corridors, landing areas, food areas, deck, lounges, reception, all perfectly clean and well represented.

Most of the staff spoke and understood English, ironically with the exception of the reception staff who did not communicate that well in English. However all staff were friendly and helpful as possible and generally very approachable and welcoming.

Now the negatives:

If you are a Brit you will probably not get on well with this cruise ship. Very geared up for its main clientele which ...
is Italians. Nothing wrong with that but my wife and I were not aware so it came as something of a shock to find we were the only two brits on board. Main nationalities in abundance were Italians, Germans, French and Spanish.

As previously mentioned trying to cater for so many nationalities results in entertainment being a bit \"vanilla\", singing and dance routines being the natural compromise.

We struggled a bit with the Italian passengers culture in that they tend to jump queues, monopolise any area of the boat so that you feel in the way, allow their children to run riot, very rarely offer any courtesy to other passengers and will barge you out of the way whenever crossing paths. A couple of days into the cruise my wife and I adjusted our manners accordingly and discovered that if you take a similar tack to that used by the Italian passengers then they tend to make way for you, rather than barging you out of the way.

My wife and I are \"foodies\" so were somewhat surprised to discover that an Italian cruise liner did not offer fantastic food. With a couple of exceptions the food offered on board was absolutely terrible. Breakfast is divided between traditional fried breakfast or continental. Undercooked eggs (fried and scrambled), undercooked basic sausage, watery mushrooms and potatoes (boiled)!

Lunchtime buffet pretty bad too. On offer was chicken hotdog, pork burger in some sort of weak gravy, raw onions, undercooked fried chips. On balance fruit offered at lunchtime was fantastic - super friend pineapple, mango and kiwi fruit.

Evening meal formal dining was a very mixed bag. Couple of options were fantastic - scallop and leak soup, smoked tuna starter, oxtail consomme - however other than that the food was awful - examples include overcooked/tough Duck a la orange, Turkey escalope with cheese and ham (was akin to something from frozen food section of a supermarket), overcooked salmon fillet with what was described as a marsalla sauce but was like gravy granules etc. etc.

Drinks hugely expensive - 6 Euros on average for a drink be it a cocktail/spirt and mixer, beer, wine etc. Us and the Germans were the only people on board who regularly had drinks at our tables of an evening, I guess the other nationalities were put off by the high costs.

Overall very disappointing including the night before disembarking. Having not been advised of the procedure for disemarking we went to reception to discover we would need to vacate our cabin by 7:30am the next morning, that our cases needed to be outside our room by 2am the next morning. Given that our transfer from port to airport was 50 minutes and our flight did not leave the airport until 6:10pm we ended up at the airport for nearly 7 hours, so not overly well organised.

We have previously cruised with Princess Lines/P&O and I guess that cruise has become a benchmark for all others. This MSC cruise was very expensive (we spent £3,200K including tips and drinks) for a week and the whole affair was really 2* rather than the 5* we were hoping for.

We wouldn\'t holiday with MSC again following on from this experience as we would consider it too expensive to risk another cruise with them only to be dissapointed.

Tour Operator: Thomas Cook

A Genis cruised on March 2010
Me and my husband as well as my sister and her husband have been on the MSC Sinfonia cruise from 15 March 2010 - 17 March 2010. It was the worst experience ever! We are also going again on a European cruise next year but as a result of the bad service and rudeness of most of the staff on board the Sinfonia, we have decided to go with Costa cruises next year. We have also been sharing our disappointment with all of our friends, colleagues etc.
Following our complaints:

1.) We were not taken to our cabin but merely dropped off at the elevator and told us on which deck ...
our cabin was....
2.a) The bath in the cabin were dirty and had body hair in it, b) the bedcover were unevenly draped over the bed, given it an unmade look, c) the cushions were thin and hard d) the shower curtain smelled like urine!Now this is the more luxury cabins with its own balcony...
3.) The information session was really of no use to us and many other people, as there was no room left in the theatre and people were standing and thronging outside the doors and in the corridor trying to hear what was said. Thus, no information!
4.) The next morning we went to the \"Terrace buffet restaurant\" and we had to wait for a table to open, with plates of food in our hands, and looking helplessly at the waiters that did not even try to assist us with a table! Eventually when a table opened we had to - still with plates of food in our hands - asked the waiter twice to clean the table before he responded with a dirty cloth and just smeared the leftover food around the table and onto the chairs! We reprimanded him but he just ignored us and walked away! I could scarcely eat the now cold food on my plate!!!
5.) And why does an ice-cream parlour, at a pool area, only opens at 12:00? By the time it eventually opens, the queue is so long that the idea to get an ice-cream has passed.
6.) The staff at the casino, photo gallery was very rude.
7.) The Italian staffs\' English language skills is non-existent as well as their mannerisms and as most of the crew is also Italian I am just wondering how this will affect the safety of your passengers in an emergency?
8.) We managed to see one show because we went an hour before the time to get seats. In all the other instances there was not even standing space available at the shows!
9.) The day of disembarkation we were one of the first people to wait for disembarkation as our flight was early. We did not even have breakfast. All the other people who had breakfast, later on started to queue on the side of reception where we were told not to stand thus we waited on our chairs in the front at the right side of the \"ropes\'. A young Italian crew girl started to arrange the disembarkation at the exit and when we moved on to our place in front she chased me away saying I must not try and jump the queue! Who the hell gave her the authority to speak to me as if I am a dog and falsely accuse me? I am a paying customer and three times her age and she doesn\'t even blink to behave in this manner??? That was the worst, never in my life has someone spoke to me with such disrespect like she did and embarrassed me by falsely and openly accuses me!!! An officer also emerged but did nothing!

Tour Operator: MSC Sinfonia

Ryciak cruised on February 2010
The claenliness of the ship was good, but the bad smell in our cabin was horrible.
We had booked our breakfast, dinner table in advance, and were served by friendly staff.
Not all of the staff were friendly or helpfull.

The onboard entertainment was very good. The entertainers try to get everyone involved.

No, we would not! There are hidden costs that you only learn about once you are on the ship.

Tour Operator: MSC Sinfonia

Johann Nel cruised on November 2009
My wife and I sailed from Durban, South Africa to the Portuguese islands and back. This ship and crew is immaculately presented. Although the ship is large, landlubbers should take note that there is a considerable amount of roll during a storm, resulting in sea sickness. The prices of drinks and cocktails were surprisingly fair, costing approx. 15% more than your upmarket South African bar. The food was excellent but be on time, as being late results in an empty tummy. Onboard entertainment was good depending where you were on the ship(some fabulously sexy dancers and very good piano playing and singing.) Care is taken to involve as many passengers ...
- a huge party!! The Ship staff was generally friendly and helpful but beware: some of the Italians were downright arrogant, rude and unhelpful. REFUSE THE 15% SERVICE FEE ADDED TO EVERY DRINKS PURCHASE AS WELL AS THE SERVICE FEE FOR CABIN STAFF. Rather tip for excellent service:it gives an incentive!All prospective passengers beware:The staff(again Italians) doing the money exchanging are a bunch of thieves. I was swindled out of R235 during the exchange. The same thing happened to two of my friends. When exchanging money, ask what the rate of exchange is and divide it youself; dont be hurried - these crooks rely upon people being in a holiday mood. If the ship owners can address these few problems it will be a FANTASTIC experience

Tour Operator: Private

Mr & Mrs M Jansen cruised on November 2009
We were one of the suckers that was on the Sinfonia on his way from Italy via Cape Town to Durban.
It was given in writing and by mouth that it was a dollar cruise.
On our way to Durban we received a letter in the cabin to let us know it was a Euro trip and not a dollar as given the previous day, when I phoned their Milnerton Offices to make sure.
We hav\'nt had a safety drill before we left, and it was bad sea as well that night, so they put our lives on stake.
Everything was then so expensive because to travel from Dollar to Euro, it makes a ...
big difference.
The drinks was so expensive, to pay R72-00 for a beer, is redicuilous. Even the tip\'s was 6euro and not the 4 dollar as they stated in their Msc Booklet that we got before hand.
They gave us old food, the desert was every day old dry cake that was standing on ice.
Their was no entertainment during the day.
At night we were only 5 to 6 people in the Manhattan bar were a band was playing.
We demand to see the managment before we would left the boat and it was all the people that got on in Cape Town, 70 couples, and they promised us the moon and stars, and nothing came from it.
It was supposed to be a 4day\'s and 3 night cruise, but at the end it was only 3night and 2 days.
The Friday morning we had to get up at 5 in the morning to have breakfast so that we could have been out of our cabin at 7.
I will never ever set my feet on a MSC boat again.
I have travelled with Carnival Cruises in America, and I would rather save my money to go on a cruise their or on the Costa Serena.

Tour Operator: Starlight Cruises

Charlie Mitchell cruised on October 2009
Our cruise from Genoa to Durban, South Africa began with a 6 hour wait on the dock for the ship to arrive, and be serviced. The embarkation process was ablolutely shambolic. The fast track process the Company offered online to get you aboard more quickly was a total waste of time. Whether you did it or not made no difference. You just joined the queue like everybody else. The ship itself was fine, the waiters were on the whole very good, as were the bar staff. They seemed pleased to see anybody who could afford to buy a drink in any of the bars. ...
My friends and I have been on many cruises in the past and this ship has got to be the most expensive ever, not only in the bars, but everywhere else on board. Come 11pm the ship was like the Marie Celeste, nearly everbody was in bed either through lack of adult entertainment or depression through not being able to afford a drink. The same applied to the Casino where you would expect a litte action. The only people in there on most nights were the lonely croupiers and the odd couples playing the slot machines. They looked as bored as we were. This was probably due to the high minimum stakes at the tables. In the MSC brochure it states that for cruises in the Caribbean, North America and South Africa the currency onboard is the US dollar. We were being charged in Euros. One passenger checked his onboard account via a ships computer and found his bill was in dollars. Following his complaint to the head of accounts, these computers were unavailable for some 5 days through \"technical problems\". When they were activated it was not possible to use them to check accounts. Some 200 passengers were so angry about this that a petition was signed and 2 South Africans represented the group at meetings with the ships management. MSC argued that the cruise was originally due to sail along the East coast to South Africa, where the currency would have been dollars, but because of the possible dangers from Somali pirates it was re-routed along the West coast, where all prices were Euros. As a guesture of good will they promised a 5% discount off our bills, later ammended to our bar bills, later ammended not to include the very, very rare 2 for one drinks. This offer was derisory. Who said pirates were only in Somalia ! Entertainment in the theatre was good, but elsewhere it was spoilt by the childish loud antics of the ships animation team, who should all have walked the plank and given us all some peace. These people would be better suited to children\'s parties than their pathetic attempts of trying to entertain adults. All in all a very disappointing and expensive time. The initials MSC would be better read as Money Syphoning Company. Would I travel with them again ? About as much chance of that as me being elected the next Pope.

Grace Hardng cruised on January 2009
I went on the two day cruise to no-where in Jan 2010. Having read many bad reviews before leaving I was quite nervous. Embarkation is very slow and quite inefficient, but nothing to make you miserable. They tried to make the waiting less of a pain. The ship is beautiful. Having sailed on the Symphony and Monterey, this ship is sooo much better. The staff were visibly exhausted (especially the catering team), but were always polite, looked immaculate and did their best. The entertainment was superb and the entertainers took time out to acknowledge my daughter who was captivated. The Pinnochio club ...
which takes care of the kids is superbly run. All the staff were teaching students, the programme was comprehensive and the place was kept spick and span. Yes, the food is not gourmet, but the pasta was real, the variety abundant and every single staff member was trying so hard. We were lucky enough to have good weather, so that made a difference. I would go back and hope to soon. I wish the entire team a well deserved rest. I can only imagine how they feel after shlepping over 20 000 passengers up and down. Thank you, grazie!

Tour Operator: Starlight

jsogr cruised on March 2008
The ship is an excellent state-of-the-art vessel, spotlessly clean, with well appointed bars and lounges. Smokers and non-smokers are catered for equally so as not to spoil anyones enjoyment.

The Evening meals were selected from menus of various regions of Italy and not to our particular tastes generally. It seemed more about presentation than substance and indeed it was very difficult to recognise the delivered meal from the description in the menu. Having Water with your meal is a chargeable extra believe it or not! We were perhaps unlucky but we found our Dining Room waiter to be the most arrogant and unhelpful waiter we have ever encountered anywhere, let alone ...
on a cruise vessel.

Deck side restaurants and grill bars were opened and closed at stupid-o-clock times and this is NOT a 24/7 food available ship by any stretch of the imagination. There were times during the day when the only way to get a cup of coffee or tea was to BUY it in the bar.
When it says the closing time will be 9:30 am for breakfast, it means exactly that..swoosshhhhh the plates and food are gone!

The Bar Staff and particularly our Cabin Steward were excellent, though the language barrier did provide some minor problems. Prices were not cheap, a cocktail of the day averaging around £5 per drink and even a beer at around £4. and not large portions either.

The Entertainment was another kettle of fish, from a Cruise Director who\'s only claim to fame seems to be to be able prattle on in multi-languages for 10 minutes introducing a 45 minute show, to a Show team of dancers seemingly without any passion for what they were doing, to amatuerish entertainers such as jugglers, magicians and contortionists. Opera seemed also to be an over indulgement of the staged shows. All of which led to a wonderful Theatre being wasted... at least.. wasted if you didnt enjoy Opera!

We never use Ship Excursions so I cannot comment on them.

One final comment, something I have never heard of before and find outrageous is the practice of adding about £5 a day PER ADULT and £2 PER CHILD to your bill for tips! YOU have to tell them not to, or it is done automatically. (Trying to find the accounts department open is an experience all of its own) Laughingly Tips are called a forfeit in the information books...how apt.. imagine a family of four, tips would amount to £250 alone..for goodness sake are these people real? and I wonder how much actually reaches the waiters and stewards?

In fairness this was an Italian ship and catering mainly for Italians so some of my comments must be viewed in this context.... SOME...but NOT all. It was also a very cheap cruise and perhaps some of the service content is reflected in this.

Would we sail on this ship again? ... NO

Tour Operator: Virgin Cruises

Frances Langston cruised on October 2007
We booked this cruise just 8 weeks before departure and it was our first cruise holiday. We had our flights included but had not confirmation of the flight details until one week before departure, as the flight was at 7.35 in the morning from Heathrow we booked an overnight hotel with car parking. Check in at Heathrow takes an age with over a hour in the queue. We were met at Milan and transported by mini bus to Genoa, took about 1 1/2 hours. The check in for the boat did take a long time, however there were plenty of seats and free fruit juice. We ...
were shown to our cabin and it was spotless, very comfortable bed and cleaned every day.

The life boat drill was not well done, we were told to assemble at our life boat stations with our life jackets on. No-one counted the passengers to ensure that the correct number were present. We sat around for over half an hour and then were given a demonstration of how to put on a life jacket! Would have made more sense to show us this first?

We realised when we got to our cabin that our dinner sitting was incorrect, we had requested second sitting, after trying unsuccussfully to track down the Maitre \'D\' my husband eventually found him at 6.30pm He was very abrupt and grudgingly changed our sitting, throwing the altered cruise ID card across the table. We had been told on booking that we could have a table for 2 or chose to be seated with others, we had stated we preferred a table for 2 as we had had previous bad experiences at shared tables. We were dimayed to find on arriving at Il Galleone that we were on a table with 6 others. We immediately spoke to the Maitre \'D\' again. He was abrupt to the point of rudeness, insisted there were no tables for 2, I pointed out that there were in fact several couples sat on their own and there were a number of empty table. He very grudgingly sat us on another table which had been laid up for 8 people. The waiter was charming and tried his best. The next day we found a note informing us we had been moved to another table. Was this a table for 2? No we were yet again on a table for 6. Luckily we were seated with a charming Australian couple and we thoroughly enjoyed eating with then each evening. However, this might not have been the case and I have complianed directly to MSC about the Maitre \'D\' and his attitude. The waiters and all other staff were lovely. The food in the evening was very good with a wide choice. Breakfast and lunch buffets were good with a wide choice, we did not use Il Galleone for either breakfast or lunch. We would have liked a kettle in our cabin so that we could make early morning tea and a late night drink and why is coffee not served after dinner?

We went to the shows each night and thought they were very good. It is difficult to provide entertainment when the guests speak so many languages so the emphasis is on the visual. The singers were very talented and the dancers highly trained. There was a guest illusionist who was excellent.

We went on two organised tours
1) Tunis - Cultural
Not a good experience, too little time at each of the sites we visited no time in the museum. On to Sidi Bou Said where we were constantly harrassed by street traders, would not want to visit Tunis again and not a safe country to explore on your own.

2)Baroque Tour of Rome
Excellent, Tour guide very knowledgeble and with a great love of the city which came over. A very good way to get a taste of the wonders of Rome.

We would have liked more time in Malta as we only had an afternoon. Would be a good idea to tell guests that there is a bus for just 1 euro return fare. We used a taxi and had a real arguement with the driver who was trying to persuade us to pay for a tour and not take us to Valetta city as requested. He was telling us all the shops would be shut and there was nothing to see. St John\'s Co-Cathedral is a must! especially the pictures by Caravaggio.

Valencia - perhaps MSC could consider going somewhere else as there is very little to see and do here.

Monte Carlo - we were given an excellent guide pack and map as we left the ship and were able to find our way around very easily

We had a wonderful holiday and would book with MSC again

Tour Operator: Cruise Deals

George Daszkowski cruised on July 2007
It seems bizzare that this company is in the business of doing tours as they were not the epitome of organization. Everything was done in series, getting your room assignmnet and your dinner table.

I had no complaints about the food but the idea of the assigned seating was a bit bizzare as any thought of changing the plan was resisted vigourously. Given the linguistic variety on the ship, this delivered some very quiet meals.

Everything was an additinal cost, water, coffee, etc.

The advertised internet service was so slow as to be unusable and expensive even if it was fast.

The entertainment was accpetable but Paulo the entertainment director thinks his acts are ...
ready for Las Vegas. The highlite of the tour was the performance of a rising Italian tenor. Most of it was pretty plain vanilla.

The tours at the stops left little time for actual sightseeing and seemed to be organized for shopping. The tour co-ordinator was actually encouraging people to self guide.

We took the tour at Genoa to Portofino but once there you were expected to make your own fun. We had a good group, created our own impromptu wine tasting and had fun. We also took the tour in Tunis but most of that was dedicated to shopping couched in terms of buying ceramics.

Malta was given too little time. We organized our tour, renting taxis to visit Mdina but there was much more to see.

In the end we had a good time but only because we reached out and formed a group of 13-14 who encouraged each other to try things.

The tour operator needs to put terminals in each suite and really do some workj to create databases on each of their stops.

Given that they haven\'t you are strongly advised to do your own research before you go.

Tour Operator: LAst Minute

elizabeth gentle field cruised on January 2006
A most enjoyable experience, only marred by the prolonged embarkation,it must have been very difficult to organise with so many different nationalities,but, had the dining room seating been arranged at the same time as the cabin allocation it would have saved one queue, most people like ourselves were up very early to start their journey and this did tend to take the gilt off the gingerbread,but, after settling in and finding our way round the ship it was one of the best cruises we had been on. The ship itself was palatial, everything shone and sparkled it was a sheer delight to be on her for ...
our vacation. I must not forget the journey back to Nice which gave everyone a chance to see some of the countryside another 10/10.we certainly would not hesitate to sail in her again as the crewe were most helpful,caring and attentive to all our needs in fact nothing was too much trouble for them, plus they always had a lovely smile for the passenger.

Tour Operator: iglu

L Brookes cruised on December 2005
The ship is very nice with excellent cabins. The food was not up to an acceptable standard and was not always warm. Some meals that were served to our table in the evening resteraunt were sent back because of their poor quality and tastelessness.
Considering this was a Christmas Cruise the entertainment was awful. It was all so boring with no modern music at all. There were no special celebrations for Christmas, no decorations,crackers or carols, in fact there was no mention of it being Christmas Day from any of the crew.
When we complained to Reception they just did not want to know. We were so disappointed that ourselves and another couple left the ship in Madeira and got a flight home. We certainly would never cruise with MSC again