Thomson Spirit

1 of 8 Thomson Cruises ships

A medium sized vessel of superior rating. Built in 1983 and refit in 2000. Carries a maximum of 1350 passengers in 626 cabins, 423 of which have ocean views. 4 cabins are accessible to disabled passengers.

All cabins are well equipped and include air conditioning, TV and plenty of storage space. Suites feature kingsize beds, lounge, minibar and bath.

The Broadway Show lounge features live shows and the High Spirits Nightclub also features a disco. Other features include 200 seat cinema and internet access.

Book a cruise now! 0843 208 0674

GetCruising Logo

229 Reviews

• Good

• Entertainment
  • Food
A real let down...
3 months ago
We choose this cruise for a family cruise with my children, 19 and 21 and my husbands dad of 80. Our first problem was on getting to the cabin we were sharing with my father in law it was only set for 2 people, 2 beds made and 2 towels. On reporting this we were told it would be done by 6PM. We returned at this time to find the cabin the same. My father in law would normally sleep in the day but even though we had been up since 2AM had been unable to due to the cabin not being made up.

The pool by the restaurant was filthy and not usable on the first day and on walking into the restaurant to eat the first staff member was looking at there mobile phone. I reported all this to customer service and was made to feel uncomfortable, they said they would come back to me but never did. The cabin was made up, the pool was then kept clean and I did not see any other staff using there phone. The last problem was I only use soya milk but for the last 2 breakfast times I was just told they had run out. I again reported this and they said they would note it down. I never received any acknowledgement about my complaint and just told it was logged.

After a month of returning I just received a letter saying sorry. I felt really let down and due to the customer service of not caring this was our worst cruise after MSC, p&o and Ocean village.

Travel operator: Thomson

Archie Carrigan
Totaly disappointing holiday
6 months ago
The money paid for this cruise in no way reflected the condition or age of this ship which we where told by staff was being retired very soon myself and my wife where on this cruise for our anniversary and to be honest it ruined it for us the public toilets throughout the ship where overflowing human waste for most of the cruise the corridors on our deck where swamped with water they had dryers on all night to try and dry them out it was stinking I contacted Thomsons on our return they checked what I was complaining about I received an apology by email excepting the problems had been ongoing and offered me £80 in the form of a voucher to be used against my next Thomson cruise (no chance of that). I wrote back asking if my wife was to receive a voucher no was the answer so think hard about cruising on the spirit it's falling to pieces and customer service with Thomson cruises is a joke.

Travel operator: Thomson

Mrs B Kerr
Shake, rattle and roll
1 year ago
We had a good hol on this ship BUT it vibrates and shudders like nothing on earth! Our cabin 537 on deck 3 was so noisy I was sure we were sleeping on the engine! It is a shame as everything else was so good, great entertainment, lovely food and lovely staff apart from one waitress who questioned me when I requested a soft drink instead of alcohol. She wasn't to know I have a heart problem therefore can't drink a lot but I don't expect to be challenged over it! Wouldn't recommend this ship to anyone because of vibration and noise.

Travel operator: Co-op travel

Mrs B Kerr
Shake, rattle and roll
1 year ago
We had a good holiday on this ship BUT it vibrates and shudders like nothing on earth! Our cabin 537 on deck 3 was so noisy I was sure we were sleeping on the engine! It is a shame as everything else was so good, great entertainment, lovely food and lovely staff apart from one waitress who questioned me when I requested a soft drink instead of alcohol.

Travel operator: Co-op travel

WORST CRUISE EVER!
1 year 5 months ago
THOMSON SPIRIT CRUISE SHIP
If you like the following:
• poor food & choice (carrots & courgettes with every type of meal including curry)
• wooden sticks instead of tea spoons to stir your tea/coffee
• a ship that shudders with constant vibration on all decks even when not moving
• a very hard bed
• sometimes only cold water in bathroom
• toilets that refuse to flush until some considerable time after you press the button
• worn, dimly lit cabins
• paying an excess for some coffees, drinks and all water even when you have bought a drinks package
• very loud music and announcements (they must think everyone is deaf)
• paying £23 to use the safe (after being told when booking that it was free)
• poor value rushed excursions, Thomson staff disinterested when complaints raised
• poor repetitive entertainment, not West End standard as advertised
• badly dressed impolite passengers at dinner
• a small cramped sun deck and tiny pool
• leaving port early after noon
• your photo taken every day including during excursions
• Captains Gala Night with introduction to senior officers who say nothing, and yet another 3 photo ‘opportunities’ which took 45 minutes out of the 1 hour event,

then cruise on this one star ship.

The only good point of this ship is the excellent staff. The best part of the holiday was leaving the ship and coming home.
For the money we paid we would have received much better value with another cruise line.

Travel operator: THOMSONS

Linda White
Spirit
2 years 9 months ago
Just got back from Spirit cruise and it was a fantastic holiday. The staff were great and couldn't do enough to make our holiday special. The restaurant was very helpful to me as I am gluten free they made my meals all gluten free. I kept the same waiters all week and they were great, thank you Wadi, Adie and Herbert for being so kind and the rest of the restaurant staff.

Thanks to Valantina and Hussan for keeping our room clean and tidy and also for making my birthday extra special by trimming my room up. I will definitely be back.
D.N & E Ferguson
Highlights of the black sea
2 years 9 months ago
Went on cruise on 6 July 2015 for 1 week. Without a doubt the best holiday we have ever been on. From the minute we got off the plane in Turkey Thomson reps were there and the security to get on board was great. The food was second to none, the service fantastic, nothing was to much to bother for any of the staff, best ever.

The entertainment was fantastic, always a choice of entertainment every night with top shows. The ship was very clean and the cabin was made up twice a day. We thought we might get sea sick, no, very smooth sailings.

All in all fantastic holiday, top marks to the Thompson Spirit crew. We will definitely be on another Thompson cruise.
Mr & Mrs A Dawson
Excellent Cruise
3 years 9 months ago
Just returned from Baltic Highlights cruise last Saturday on the Thomson Spirit. Excellent cruise, weather was great and food was excellent. Richard was a great cruise director, always pleasant and friendly and his show team and entertainment were great.

All places we visited were within walking distance and if not Thomsons had a courtesy bus on from the docks. Our bar steward we met, Nenita, was a lovely girl always pleasant and friendly and was trying to learn Geordie from us.

Only thing I found was there was no sugar free cakes out like the Celebration last year as I am diabetic. Overall had and excellent holiday.
Jim Martin
Brilliant Cruise
4 years 8 months ago
Friends had told us never to go with Thompsons, but how wrong they were. We enjoyed a brilliant cruise - Pharoahs and Holy Land. Honestly I don't know how they do it for such reasonable charge. The food and entertainment were second to none. And the crew were the best ever. They manage everything to a high standard yet without the feeling of being "posh". The cabin sizes are great. This was a cruise to mark my retirement and it more than fulfilled our expectations.
Barbara Kyle
Mrs Barbara Kyle
4 years 8 months ago
I have never enjoyed a Holiday as much as this one ever, the whole thing from start to finish was amazing, the staff were absolutely fantastic,Lana and Ida our cabin ladies were absolutely fabulous,JR and Angel our staff in the Lido restaurant were absolutely fantastic, they were very attentive and we never wanted for anything, the minute your plate was empty they were there, constantly looking after you,Henry in raffles bar never stopped smiling, the whole trip to the north cape was amazing, made super special by choosing the Thomson spirit, cant wait to return

Ship image