Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
I assume she will have the family to fall back on/keep an eye on? then why not.. but don't forget if she holds a British passport she should take all the necessary letters of permission, have adequate insurance, and a serious talk to [not down to] and how should i say this bit..... :think discus and make sure she understands her personal situation and takes any necessary precautions

yasus
wizard
Euxaristo wizard!
Yes deffinately, she will be able to fall back on family if anything. I wouldn't allow her to go anywhere else at that age. Are there any links I can visit for letters of permission?, i'm not quite sure what I would need to include in this...
Thank you
CourtneeLouise
OK thing you need [or need to do] most of this can be found on the other thread but some will be specific to your situation

remembering that anyone under 18 holding a British passport is still a minor you need to arrange

current British passports for both with at least 3 month validity after the date of travel [a precaution i recommend]

their own EHC card

good quality travel insurance

both will require letters signed by both parents [or one if sole custody] giving clearly permission for each child to travel unaccompanied to Cyprus also state the dates of travel and if possible the accommodation where they are staying

both will require a letter of Lo-cum Parentis stating clearly that the parents give to a nominated adult [suggest one of your trusted relatives] state name and address and contact number for same, to act in lo-cum parentis in case of any medical or legal issues that may happen

ensure they have access to funds i would recommend a pre paid card that the parents can load with money before they go, and keep a record of the numbers so if necessary you can top them up from this country

make sure at least one of them carries a mobile phone which is requested for international roaming
thats my imitate thoughts

yasus
wizard
Hi CourtneeLouise

Did you book the holiday as yet?

I noticed you mentioned your daughter only being able to fly with Cyprus Airways due to her age.

I've put a couple of threads on the forum (1 under Cyprus and the other under the Flights thread) as Cyprus Airways are cancelling a lot of routes into Cyprus starting this week.

Best to check first and keep an eye on any other options as you may end up with a flight that your daughter will be unable to use....

Shell
Limassol, Cyprus
Hi.
I think I saw one about cancelling to Paphos but I didn't see any others. Thank you for that! We haven't booked the holiday yet, I think the best option is for me to go with them because it would also put her friends mum at ease too seeing as her daughter has never been abroad. I think thats pretty bad booking a flight then not being able to fly, I haven't heard anything about this yet so thank you so much for letting me know!!
CourtneeLouise x
even if you decide to go dont forget her friend will need all the letters and doccuments already mentiond

yasus
wizard
It's a really good excuse to take another holiday,you can spend days doing anything you want because your daughter will be quite happy with her friend,take plenty of books and enjoy the peace.You'll probably feel happier too, knowing that you are closeby.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.