Algarve/Portugal/Madeira/Azores Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Algarve
I've had young relatives 15, 16 & 17 yrs old fly out to Germany to visit me and they have never needed to bring any letters with them. If the Airline says it's OK then there shouldn't be a problem.
THIS article from The Portugal Resident newspaper may help.
There is a recent thread about this at http://www.albufeira.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=1151
and it agrees completely with the newspaper article posted by Sagres - seems that Portuguese law is applied in these cases irrespective of nationality.

(Other forum quoted only for ease of reference)
Thanks I think we are ok as we will be meeting him at the Airport I'm just a little unsure as to how the process works if a parent or guardian has to meet him!!?
In your position, I think I'd go to your son's airline's ground agents' desk at Faro and explain the position to them, identifying yourself as his parent and explaining that you are meeting him.That way, if immigration do need to check anything it'll be the ground agent for the airline (e.g. Servisair, Ground force)that they'll contact and all the required information will be in place.In reality, however, I don't think there will be any problem.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.