General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
You might like to have a read through this topic. Most of your concerns are mentioned and some good tips. Might also raise some more questions for you and I am sure some of our members will try to help.

http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=149785

fwh
with regard to the CHILDREN... [as anyone under 18 is considderd to be a child] see taking someone else's child thread and the following from another thread..

remembering that anyone under 18 holding a British passport is still a minor you need to arrange

current British passports for both with at least 3 month validity after the date of travel [a precaution i recommend]

their own EHC card

good quality travel insurance

both will require letters signed by both parents [or one if sole custody] giving clearly permission for each child to travel unaccompanied to [country] also state the dates of travel and if possible the accommodation where they are staying

both will require a letter of Lo-cum Parentis stating clearly that the parents give to a nominated adult state name and address and contact number for same, to act in lo-cum parentis in case of any medical or legal issues that may happen

ensure they have access to funds i would recommend a pre paid card that the parents can load with money before they go, and keep a record of the numbers so if necessary you can top them up from this country

make sure at least one of them carries a mobile phone which is requested for international roaming
thats my imitate thoughts

yasus
wizard
make sure the insurance is a good one.......as if they got drunk and had an accident, the insurance may not pay out.

we have also been watching the programme, and i have told both my 2, thats what i would do, so they need to think on, should they go away, i may be hiding in a blacked out van watching them :rofl
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.