Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
I tracked the Qatar flight from Manchester on Sunday - it left Manchester about 25/30 mins late but arrived in Goa 25/30 mins early. Sad I know but it's something I do for the 2/3 weeks before I go! Now waiting patiently for somebody to post and give us their opinion of the Qatar flights.
I'll be doing that for you Ki77y in a few days time!! :fly
Yes me to Squigs as im flying Qatar in March. Any hints or tips about Doha and the transfer would be very welcome :)
I'll be doing that for you Ki77y in a few days time!! :fly
I must admit I am watching this with interest as I am flying with Qatar in Jan. I have a great dread as I remember the nightmare of finding the correct line you stood in to get through security etc. And that is with the small help of the odd rep. Wonder also how well it will all work at the early morning arrival and departure.

My eyes will be like binoculars to find out opinion and experience, of which i will be very grateful.
I have to say I am a bit worried about what it will be like at Dabolim that early, but I will soon know!
I wonder how many baggage handlers/porters will be around at that time of the morning???
Yes ...let's hope not as many!

I just want to know how to find all the correct desks etc through all the bodies. Good luck squigs you know it will be all worth it. PS when do you go and when are you back?
Not a Qatar flight, but I have arrived at 4am. The imigration checks etc were very quick, baggage pick up area no hassle. But outside they were all waiting to offer their services as usual. As long as they know there is a flight arriving there's the chance of making money, and they arn't going to miss that.
xx lassi
Hi Sleeper, I will post all the info sometime next week. I go on Sunday and then need to come back to the UK in December, as I need to check on things at home and than I go back at the beginning of January!!
Hi Squigs

That sounds really great betcha can't wait. I Go for birding and whilst I was watching a DVD guide I could almost feel the warmth of the sun from the TV.

The info will be really good, and I am sure a lot of people will be interested.

Have a great time. 5* Luxury all the way.
we are travelling in feb with qatar would like to know how everything went with flight please
Spoken to a couple of people who used them and they said they were quite good.
I get the feeling quite a few are wondering. The thread below is being watched eagerly.

http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=140385
Hi Squigs, I'd like to know what facilities are open in Doha airport, arrive Doha 1735 and depart 2125 on outward journey and 0610 departing Doha 0735 on return leg - (all local times I guess). Also I am booked with qatar all the way from Heathrow to Dabolim so will I see my luggage at Doha or will it be automatically transferred to my connecting flight - if anyone knows or when anyone does know, can you please share the info asap - flying on 28th November although quite a few are going before. thanks in advance :tup
Fizz
im off from manchester an sunday with qatar, so if i can find my goan sim in my goa wallet ill post up a mini review!
Friends came in on first flight from Manchester and said there was nothing to complain about - everything ok. He also said it was the quickest journey they have ever had in all the years of going to Goa.
So here is my promised report!!
Having checked in on-line the previous day, it was straight to the fast bag drop off counter, at Manchester airport, and that was it, luggage checked trough all the way to Goa and all our boarding cards issued.
The flight left on time. Seats quite roomy although the ones by the windows have the IFE box underneatth which takes up a bit of the leg room
Food very good, 3 choices of main course and the service was excellent.
Wonderful IFE, plenty to keep you amused, large selection of films and music.
Arrived at Doha 10 minutes early. Exited from the back of the plane which was great as we were in row 40 so got off quigk!
Doha airport very organised, plenty of places to eat or get a drink, also a smoking room for those that indulge. ( forgot to mention there is now a smoking area,airside in terminal 2 at Manchester by gate 300)
Left Doha on time, only problem being that lots of people had their hand luggage taken of them at the boarding gate to be put with checked in luggage in the hold, the reason being it was a small plane.
Another good meal on this flight but service was a lot slower as there was only the one aisle on the plane and they kept having to move the trolley up and down to allow people to get to the toilet.
IFE was just the overhead screen type but the flight was only 3hrs 10 so it didn't matter.
Arrived at Dabolim again 10 minuted early and here is the best bit, from getting off the plane, going through swineflu check (the forms were issued on the plane) passing through immigration, collecting luggage ( they still keep taking them off the carousel at the side) saying a lot of polite no thankyous to the porters, to getting a taxi from the pre-paid office outside, it took us 20 minutes!!!! Record or what??
Fortunately it helped that we were sat near the front of the plane so were one of the first off.
Taxi to Calangute was 650 rps but there was also 150 rps night charge.
Have to say the journey was the best we have ever had to Goa!!
I hope you all have similar journeys!! :) :)
just a quick one squigs if you see this before we leave,

when you checked in online did you not print off your own boarding passes?

cheers,h.
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.