Spain - Balearics - Menorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Menorca.
Calan Bosc will be perfect for you as its very child friendly, has 2 great beaches. The Calan Bosc hotel is a good place for all the family with loads for the children to do, another good place is the Paradise club. Calan Bosc is a very flat place...no climbs up or down from the beaches, plenty of shops and restaurants. There are plenty of bars with a good atmosphere and none of the usual boisterous drunks about. Be warned in advance though, Menorca is not a cheap place, especially Calan Bosc, expect to pay what you pay at home for most things. Once you stay in Calan Bosc you will want to go back again and again, its a fantastic place.
Have a look at the Galdana Gardens Apartments in C Galdana. Will be going again in August for the 12th time (just come back from staying in the Sol Gavilanes!) Cannot beat it for little ones, we are taking our 9, 5 and 9 month old, who love it.

Travel Republic and Low cost beds do these apartments along with Direct holidays but they are quite expensive. You cannot book direct, which is a shame.
Hi there

I agree about Calan Gandana. I actually have a friend who is a local who has massives of information about hotels ect if you send me an email or pm I will send you all the information to contact them

tink x
Tinks we prefer the info to be kept on the board so that ALL members can share information.
No problems with that ;)

Unfortunately I cannot be giving out friends emails ect though on the forum for everyone as you will appreciate ;)

If you want to list what you want to know about Calan Gandana I can ask him if this is better?

Thanks

tink x
Its OK, Booked up for 2 weeks leaving 29th Aug to paradise Apartmenst in cala N'Bosch.

Cheers
That should be a lovely time to go - the school hols will be almost over. We went this time 2 years ago and it was very busy as the Scottish and Irish schools had already broken up, we were a bit surprised as we were expecting it to be quiet - we went as soon as dd had finshed her last GSCE's.
Paradise club is nice but a bit spread out, try and get a room close to the pool and reception area, we were a bit out of the way, up quite a steep hill at the back of the complex - it would be a pain with a pram.
Get a car for a few days and get out and about - Cala Galdana is lovely, we set up a beach tent and stayed for the whole day, there is a nice cafe along the beach. The water is also vey shallow for quite a way out. Mahon is good for a day out too.
hi there we have just come back from menorca and loved it we stayed in son bou which is about 20 mins from the airport which is great when you have little ones (we have a 3yr old) the resort itself is small but has plenty of restaurants and bars none rowdy that we came across but there was not much accomadation we stayed in the sol milanos/pingues hotel which is lovely totally based on kids its a fred flintstone based theme my son had never seen the flintstones but now is always shouting yabba daba doo. we was half board which was fine the food was great and we payed £750 for the week and the beach was so lovely there was lots of fishes in the blue clear water tiny ones and lifeguards all over very clean and the rooms where perfect with a balcony overlooking the sea i cant think of anything else i hope i have helped any other questions u mite have dont hesitate to ask. take care
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.