Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
hi same here first time in santa ponsa also going in july, we have booked a return taxi with jannerbus the cost is 74 euro return you pay the driver 37 euro + a 10 euro deposit for the return journey. have used jannerbus several times before and never had any problems hope this helps.
Thanks for the info, I have e-mailed janner for a quote. Still wanting info about where to eat/drink, good bars, entertainment, trips etc.. any help appreciated

cheers
viv
cant really help with any info about the bars ect, all i do know is that there is live music every night in the square, tribute bands ect and plenty of karoke bars, also lots of irish bars, hope this is helpful.
When I am in Santa Ponsa I like to eat at Kellys on the Corner or Crocodillos. Both are a little drearer but worth it. They are overlooking the beach (on the quiet side) on the road up from the roundabout where the bus stops are. Hope you have a lovely time. CBG
thanks for that, we will definitely try them out. Not long now.....
We went up to the square on a few nights when we stayed in Santa Ponsa a couple of years ago.There was a Beatles trib,Madonna,Temptations/Four Tops trib on various nights.After the shows finished,there was various entertainment on in the bars in the square.Saw Leapy Lee :yikes and a Neil Diamond tribute.Can't remember the name of the bar but it's in the top left hand corner near a church i think.
There's also plenty of entertainment in the Irish part including bare knuckle fighting :really
There's some great places to eat and a good beach.
Have a great holiday :sun2
sounds great :tongue, Really looking forward to it. Has anyone any idea of prices for drink etc so I can judge how much spending money to bring? We have just come back from Lanzarote and it was about 4 euros a pint, with the euro being so weak it does make a difference. Trips were about 50 - 55 euros each so about £100 for a couple if you wanted to go anywhere. We spent a fortune :( so I was wondering if Santa Ponsa is the same.
hi viv, we have just got back from santa ponsa and had a great time as usual. we stayed in the golf beach a couple of years back, very clean and a nice basic hotel. read reviews here
http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/reviews/spain/balearic-islands/mallorca/santa-ponsa/golf-beach-hotel/
we found that the price for a pint was between 3 and 4 euros, definitely more expensive now. there were a couple of shops opposite the beach that were giving 1.23 euros to the pound with no commision, so you may get a bit more for your money if you exchanged over there. the cheapest place to drink we found near our hotel, and only five minutes from yours, is a bar called j j's opposite the hotel pionero.
you won't have any problems finding places to eat, one place was called the meson del rey, which is in the the same road as j j's, 8.50 euros for the menu of the day. also for a lunch time snack, try the made while you wait filled baguettes from the little shop opposite the beach. 3.5 euros each, lovely and fresh.
for a map of the resort, etc and all sorts of info check out this http://www.santaponsascene.com/
one bar you will enjoy is called the rovers return, they have a show on every night. we saw elvis - yes he is alive!! he was excellent.
i can't really comment on the trips, but there are loads of places to book them. if i remember you can even do some through the golf beach reception.
hope this is a bit useful to you - dotty
Thanks for all that great info it will definitely help. On a count down :cheers
Hi, less than 2 weeks now and we will be in Santa Ponsa, really looking forward to it. I have pre booked the Pirates show on-line and I am presuming we can just get a taxi to it. Has anyone just come back form Santa Ponsa? can you give us any up to date infoon the weather , trips, bars etc?

Cheers
viv
Just came back on Saturday. Don't be deceived by the weather here - don't bring shirts, cardigans, socks as you won't be needing them! That's what my husband insisted on doing and we had too much stuff and not enough places to put it. The pools are warm and so is the beach. You are in for a treat! The Western Water Park in Magaluf is a must if you have children. Didn't do any other trips and mostly stayed at complex as they had children's entertainment in eveningtime, so we can't tell you of any good bars.
What are supermarket prices like are they the same as UK?
Hi

We came back on the 3rd of July. We had a great time and really liked the resort. We had some lovely meals in meson del rey, crocadillos and kellys on the corner. We also enjoyed jj's to watch the tennis in the evenings, and chimes, bobbys bistro, the watering hole and mistys for daytime food.

Entertainment wise , we watched good caberet acts [elton, sebastien, rob stewart] in the rovers return, and the resident singing duo in stepps.

Also a special mention to churchills sports and especially ACKC'S [The pub with a view]. Kevin who runs this bar was a great laugh and made us feel very welcome. We watched the euro championship final there and there was a great atmosphere.

Also enjoyed some more lively in nights in all the fun pubs and clubs in the Irish quarter.

We did use the supermarkets quite regularly but to be honest i didnt really notice the prices, so they cant have been that bad.

All in all My faincee' and i agree, both agree that it was one of the best holidays again and that we will definately return to Santa Ponsa again in the near future.

For anyone who still has they holiday there to still look forward to this summer, i am very envious. Trust me you will have a great time.
hi just came back from santa ponsa weather great the cheapest beer i seen was in magaluf 1euro a pint santa ponsa 2 euros ,,hope you enjoy it ,,,rob
Hi Rob, thanks for the info :cheers getting excited now :tongue
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.