Tour Operators and Travel Agents

Discussions regarding Tour Operators and Travel Agents
2 Can Travel
12 Posts
Hi, used these three times to various places in Spain, never had a problem. Each time they used different airline but always used resort hoppa. Would use them again.
Hi all

Just a quick question as i seem to be dealing with that many different travel companies i am not sure where i am

Firstly i booked my holiday through 2 Can Travel as i posted above, when i received my invoice and booking numbers etc the envelope had a return address as Medinland Travel and now i have just made a payment on my holiday and on my statement it says that the money was paid out to Sun Choice, i did receive a receipt for my payment which was on a 2 Can Travel letterhead! I am a bit confused i have checked the Atol numbers of all these and found out they are all actually part of the Cooperative group but was just wndering why all these different other holidays companies were coming into play? :?
I have recently purchased a holiday from 2 Can Travel. They have sent me details of my holiday and receipts except flight details. I do not know whom we will be flying with, flight no, or confirmation of flight. I have checked my bank statement and payment has been made to Ryan air which I assume is who we will be flying with, but do I not need some documentation to show Ryan Air at the airport that we have paid for our flights. I have tried to call there customer service dept twice, unfortunately I had to hold for over 1 hour each time, I gave up in the end and emailed. Can anyone advise if they have managed to contact them by telephone and let me know how, we are flying in 1 weeks time. Help!!!! : :shock:
Hi

i too did not receive any flight information when they sent me confirmation of my holiday so i rang them and asked them to send it to me which they did but she did say to me that they would have sent it to me nearer the holiday! As you go in a week i think you should have received it by now, i have never had any trouble getting through to them so keep trying.

Hope you get this sorted
:lol:
Did you guys get this sorted??

I booked a holiday through this company, and to be honest they are a total joke.
Their customer services department seems to be just the one woman, thats deals with it all, and is so abrupt and un-helpful its shocking.

I had to get a name change sorted for my holiday, basically they just spelled my name wrong, but to do this took more hassle than anything.
They are quick and helpful enough when taking your money, but otherwise, no chance of help.

I called Ryanair, as was told i had to change all the details myself anyway, and got through to a nice pleasant Irish woman who sorted it straight away no problem in an at most 2 minute phone call.

Got told, you need to confirm in writing so send a 1st class letter to get there for the weeked (was like Wed, Thur and was flying on Tuesday) as they are closed Sunday, i tried and tried to get through on the 0871 no. all day and couldnt, until eventually getting through to this annoying woman.
Basically, no-one had bothered to open the mail all weekend, and "it wasnt her job" so i was just stuffed basically, as the only other way was Fax, and who actually bothers with a home fax nowadays.

After an age on the phone going over my holiday being in tatters because they cant be bothered opening mail, they changed their mind, but told me i had to pay a £25 charge.
She also told me she had informed me in the previous conversation the week before, "and it was in her notes she had told me". My response was, if it was in her notes she had told me, why was i so shocked, and not left money in my bank card to pay it?

A charge for what exactly??
I had to change my flight details myself, with another possible charge on top of theirs.
(nice Ryanair didnt charge though, least theres one company knows what customer service is)

Basically they charge you £25, and you do the work for them changing the details yourself.

Since i had no money in my card, and with taking so long to get through and arguing about them about the mail so long, i wouldnt get to a bank to deposit funds anyway, i couldnt pay.
I wouldnt have paid anyway.

My flights were all correct. Just my name was spelt a bit funny on my transfers and accomodation, but it was all ok. Had my credit card so they could check up it was i who had paid anyway if there was trouble.

It was just ridiculous how i was treated, and the "customer service" rep, really needs a new job away from customers.
I wont be going back, and thanks to the internet, i'l hopefully persuade a few others as well.

I'd write a strongly worded letter of complaint to them, but to be honest, i doubt it would ever get opened anyway.
2 Can Travel,sunchoice are all part of the Medinland Group.

We went to Majorca with them last year and had no problem.Also when we arrived there was a 2Can Travel desk where we went to arrange the resorthoppa.
#Our flights were with Easyjet so when you arrive at check in all you need are your passports as your names are already on their flight list.

Hope that helps a bit

Doreen
Can i just say you have no chance getting through on the customer service number on the 2 Can Travel letterhead, i needed to pay the remainder of my holiday and could not get through for 2 days in the end as the above post said they are part of Medinland so i went on the website and got their number, i would say if you had any probelms phone them they were brilliant with me, they took my payment and answered all my questions their number is 01142672522.

Its actually the same company really they have all your holidays details so dont worry just because its a different name.

Happy Hols :D
Already been on hol and back, just venting my annoyance at this company lol.
Medinland need to give them a swift kick and tell them to get their business sorted.

#nodocdoe

flights were sorted by calling Ryanair, and i have flew with them plenty of times, cramped planes, but always been good service. Even got on the plane after check in closed when my gf's dad got lost in Italy and we slightly late, last year. (last time he ever gave us a lift to the airport though lol)
After the call to them, i knew i could fly, i just didnt know about the hotel etc. And all 2Can were really interested in was getting their £25.

Just remembered also, i asked to speak to her manager, to get the usual reply "they are in a meeting".
However, after getting on at her for 10 minutes i went on hold while she went off to ask someone and they decided they didnt need it in writing.
If she could go ask someone above her if its ok, why was i told they were unavailable.

As i have known for a long time.

You only find out a bad company from them screwing something up.
Then screwing up the solution to their screw up.

Wonder if i would have got my money back, if i hadnt continued arguing with them and gave up, as i had seperate transactions for flights and accomodation.

ie

They tell me they cant change the booking because they havent opened their mail all weekend.
If i hadnt argued with the girl for half an hour, and just gave up at that, would i have got the money back, say via the credit card, given that it had seperate transactions for Ryanair etc.
had to change my flight details myself, with another possible charge on top of theirs.
(nice Ryanair didnt charge though, least theres one company knows what customer service is)

:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

Ryanair and the words "Customer Service" are not normally linked together!
lol yea i know i've heard about them

but to be honest the few times i needed something, they have always been decent about it.
Most other operators would likely have charged for the spelling mistake on the ticket , or told us to get lost after missing check-in for our flight.

Flew with them a few times, and sure it wont be the last.
Only trying to help!!!!!!!!!!!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.