General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Thanks for the heads up. I know a lot of people on here like to book early so will appreciate it.

luci :wave
No problem at all Luci, yes I'm one of them.

I am constantly keeping me eye out for release dates at this time of year. I suppose it depends on your party size, destination and travel dates but school holiday time I have as yet never saw a price cheaper than the first day that the holidays go on sale :)
just looked and they are now out. will be looking and seeing where i want to go and look at reviews and will be booking on weekend
TC still seem to be loading their holidays online. No real deals yet - more expensive that I am prepared to pay at the moment!! I will do as I did last year - keep looking every day and pounce when I see a bargain!! (I hope) ;)
that's what i noticed, i was putting in i kid 2adults and it was cheaper than 2rooms 5adults 1 kid:/ strange.. most place's i want for June 2013 are pricing up at 600-800+ just for Spain.

With Thomascook i can't really tell if there are free kids or not, but on firstchoice they show them..
Well so far the prices I have got are terrible, well over a thousand pounds more than this year and last year. The TC websites not working at all for me so hoping when it does work it comes up with a miracle for me!

Thomsons prices are actually so far better and that has never ever happened before so I am hoping once TC get sorted the prices are going to be more realistic than they currently are.
So far for me, its only thomson that have holidays I want to look at

Thomas cook, the web site page is taking a fair time to load

Direct holidays, nothing up yetm but seeing there a branch of thomas cook, mmight expalin why thomas cook page taking its time to load

Asda Holiday club, think this is branch of thomas cook, only dated up till June 2013

Guess it taking time to upload there holidays, and lokks like thomson have things up to date, some hotels I would like to view not yet up
We booked yesterday.

Holiday Village Egypt, Flying from Edinburgh first 2 weekes of the school summer holiday. 4 adults, 2 free child places. £4300. Thats £100 less than we paid for the same holiday in 2011 and we are flying from our local airport which we have not doen for many years. Its nice to see that the prices from Manchester/Newcastle were the same as Edinbrugh/Glasgow which is a first!! :)
2Weeks 10June 2013 all inclusive to salou..Booked with direct holidays, same as thomascook but it was cheaper and with free in flight meals and 20kg tc only give you 15kg
havent boooked yet but will be doing soon for Cuba in May 2013...
Thomson are coming up with reasonable prices and not a bad choice of destinations from our local(ish) airports. however, TC are very slow loading holidays from our local airports and so far their prices are ridiculous.
I booked last night for 2013

2 weeks AI at the Zoraida Resort July 14th 2013, from Birmingham for 2 adults and 2 kids.

The price stayed the same from the day they were released and I was afraid that the free child place would go if I left it any longer.

I booked with Direct Holidays - TC had the same holiday at the same price but DH had the 20kg luggage & inflight meals included. I was very surprised that TC wouldnt match the DH deal price (with the extras included), in fact I have called the TC shop for a few prices and I find now that they arent prepared to drop their prices or price match as much as before.

I went through Quidco and got 3% cash back (£75ish)

I also noted that Thomson & First Choice tend not to use the same accomodation as Thomas Cook & Direct thus making it harder to go back and fore to beat the price down...very clever lol
we booked ours with direct holiday for the free in flight and extra 5kg baggage and was little bit cheaper than Thomas cook
well bit of good news if any of you want to go mexico after jan 2013 book thompson/first choice. apparently they will be using their new dreamliner plane...faster,quieter and more room. :tup
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.