Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
H Nicki

Flying Manchester to Marsa Alam. not getting any replies from the hotel.

apple
We've just got back from the 3 Corners and had a really good time. We arranged transfers direct with the hotel and it cost 35 euros for 2 people for the return journey.

Try this e-mail addy Res-Fayrouzplaza@threecorners.com

Port Ghalib is about a mile from the hotel (as the crow flies). It's very up market looking but there's not an awful lot there for tourists at the moment ......... a TGI Fridays, a Costa Coffee and a couple of other restaurants I think.

3 Corners is still a very new hotel and the grounds are quite barren but the rooms are lovely and spacious and the food was more than acceptable in my opinion. There's nothing to do outside of the hotel and the evening entertainment is either a singer on the terrace or an evening show by the animation team in the amphitheatre so take some cards or games. If you're looking for night life then this is probably not the place for you but if you want a chilled out and relaxing holiday then I would say you'll have a great time.

If there's anything else you need to know I'll do my best to help :tup

Sue
Sue.
Thanks a lot, that's very reassuring. We've been to Egypt 8 times so know not to expect gourmet quisine and are not fussy eaters, just don't want to have to try and eat out in a place where there is no alternative.
what was the nationality mix of visitors?

BREAKING NEWS just had a reply from the hotel informing us they will arrange transfer at a cost of 45 euros return for 2 of us ....... inflation ? ( Hubby asked to confirm that your transfer was to and from the hotel ? derrrgh.. men!)

Do you consider beach shoes essential and what was the dress code for dinner?Any reason we can't take our own kettle etc for early tea in the room ?

Thanks
Elizabeth
Hi Elizabeth

Brits were definitely in the minority. I would say the majority of the guests were Italian, then Belgian, then German, then Polish and Russian.

We paid 35 euros for a return journey

You'll definitely need beach shoes as the sand is very coarse. Evening dress code is smart casual. No reason why you can't use a kettle in the room

Sue
Sue

Thanks for that ...... the hotel have confirmed transfer prices are going up to 45 euros as from Nov 1st.
Just counting the weeks now.

Elizabeth
That's a shame but still good value. I'm sure you'll enjoy your holiday :cheers
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.