Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Jammie &$@@@@& :lol: :lol:

If you get down as far as Palolem..if you don't want to rough it in the huts right on the beach you might be interested in this place. It's just at the back of Cuba Bar...but you can get to it on the small road leading into Palolem beach itself. There are a couple of bungalows JUST behind the shacks on the beach...more secure with own shower/loo etc..no cooking facilities...basic but clean. Quite comfie for a longer stay- cheap n cheerful. I'd maybe give him a ring before you leave..or a quick ring when you're thinking of travelling South.

Babush Ocean Star
Behind old Syndicate Bank, Palolem Beach, Cancona, Goa 403702

Mafaldo Fernandes
Ph.91832-2643685

Cell - 9850059613

This is all the information that I have on his card :wink:
I think you will be surpized at how much accommodation you will find available, I would recommend you find the cheapest room on arrival for your first night so you get your bearings and to leave your belongings. Walk or perhaps rent a moped and go around all the private owned guest houses as these are your cheapest rooms around. You can pay as little as 200rps a night within walking distance to the beach for very safe but basic rooms. Beach huts are about 600rps a night but not very safe. Expect to pay no more then 200rps a day for a moped. You can live happly on 1000rps a day once you find the right place including moped and food. You only pay for the room so no single supplement.
small guest houses are your best bet we usually stay in the south in the cavelosim area , joes holiday homes are basic clean and cheap 300 r , hippo cool 600 r , then gaffinos , sao domingos and palmgrove which are a bit nicer and will cost between £10 £20 a night
Two ideas for Benaulim,

On the beach-- http://www.blue-corner-goa.com --- Huts with own shower room & wc.

In the village ---- tansytouristcottages@yahoo.co.in --- Rooms with bathroom and small kitchen with large fridge and two gas rings, good for a longer stay, they also have a bar and restaurant.

Good luck lassi
Thankyou for giving me a few more options, any advice to a old git like me is usefull, all the best, Jonny. :D
Blimey Johnny

OLDGIT at 46? heaven help the rest of us then

Kind Regards
Very old dajen
hi jonny we have P.M.d you
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.