Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
Hello, Thanks for the info...
Just looking at my insurance compensation form, it asks for all my bank accounts and account codes & sortcodes? is this the norm to give all these details or do i just just give my current account details?

Thanks
I've never had to give any bank account details to my insurers when claiming. They've always sent a cheque!
It's with mondial through Thomson anyone had experience with them?

Thanks
It is not unusual for the insurere to ask for your bank details - payments are now made direct to peoples accounts rather than by cheques. I would simply supply them with the dtails of ONE account to which payments can be made. Should they come back and ask about others then I would ask for an explanation/justification for supplying them.

fwh
i think the explantion here is that as a lot of bank accounts come with "free" travel insurance. the insurers are trying to find out if there is anyone else who may be able to contribute to or pay the claim.
there will be something in the small print that lets them try this.
busdriver -I didn't write that quote!

cheques - don't forget they are being phased out rapidly (you can't guarantee them as of last week) so bank payments will be more common for all sorts of refunds etc. I suppose that's what will happen when I win the lottery - but a photo with an oversized bank transfer slip just won't be the same!!!!

dual insurance - jimd-f may have a point, it's very common for all types of insurance to have a clause buried away about other insurance also covering the claim. But I'm not sure they can tell from an account code whether that account gives the cover especially since you can opt out of the free cover to avoid getting caught up in an argument about dual cover if you claim from a better policy. It would be worth checking with your bank to see if they do disclose whether you have insurance cover. It's possible there is a database of valid policies for insurers to check with.
Hi abz-sco

My daughter and her boyfriend were also passengers on the delayed Thomson airlines flight from Gran Canaria.

She has claimed for delayed departure under her Post-Office travel insurance and has been awarded £60 (£20 first 8 hours and £20 for every full 12 hours thereafter)

I wonder if you contacted Thomson Holidays to make a complaint? My daughter said that the information received from the Thomson rep, was was conflicting and although meals and water were provided at meal times, no drinks of any sort were offered at any other time. Luckily (and surprisingly for a 17 year old ) she did have money left and was able to purchase drinks but I am rather upset that Thomson thought that 3 drinks of water per day was adequate for the passengers left waiting in a hotel lobby for hours for updates about their departure. Both evenings there, it was the early hours of the morning before they were given rooms to sleep.

I'm just interested to see if you or anyone else you know from the flight made an official complaint to Thomson and what their stance on the matter is?
I was on that flight as well and claimed through mondial.

I didn't put my bank details on the claim and received a cheque for £90 - £45pp

Also, I spoke to the after customer service desk at Thomson and they have offered £35 to cover the cost of drinks and phone calls as we should have been entitled to 2 free phone calls under EU regulations which we never got told about!

Still seeking advice though on whether we should get more.

Hope this helps!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.