Greece - Corfu Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Corfu.
Do Not know where you are staying in Sidari, is it the canal de mar end or not what do you concider a romantic meal as in the main street you can get every nationality but not many Greek, I believe the Canal De Mar end could provide more Greek but we stayed at the other end and only fond Salt and Pepper to be really traditional, we are in our mid 60's so thing for you could be very different, Have a lovely 1st anniversary and hope you have many more were coming up 48 in August.
pojo
Thanks for that I should of said , sorry, we are staying in the Stema II apartments which I believe are central ish if that helps anybody.

Cheers
get a taxi to san stefanos...and you'll find some great greek resturants...especially the little prince
We did not find Sidari very Greek were there I think two years ago we are in our mid sixty's there was a lot of wide screen television with English soaps and football. the main street had a very wide variety of restaurants like Chinese, Italina, Indian,, not a lot of Greek we were not at the Canal De Mar End far from it but found a superb restaurant Salt and Pepper Greek owned, Greek staff,, and beautiful food took a Greek friend and his wife and child for a meal who w as quite impressed as he had owned a Greek restaurant in England and did not expect to find a restaurant with that calibre in Sidari they live in a resisidentail area I really do you enjoy your visit because whats suit's some dose'nt suit others.
pojo
going back a few years we went to "The Orchard" a little up the road from the Canal D'Amour bridge (ie go over the bridge, turn left and keep going)..

Not sure if its still there but... During the day it was quiet and very pleasant... its surrounded by lots of different trees, hence the name... The food was a combination of Greek and international (as the Owner was Corfiot and his wife was English..)

Not sure what it would be like now or what its like in the evening, but we went back a couple of times during the 2 week stay and the Greek food was pretty good...
smilescmp wrote:
like to have a nice romantic meal

The ONLY place to go is here Panorama Sunset Beach

Get a cab for about a fiver each way(may be slightly more now), total bliss :love

The Orchard is gorg too, if you want to stay close to the center. But it's still ab bit of a walk to get there.

MrsMac
Yes Mrs Mac I'll second that one!

There used to be a place called The Rocks along the cliff top at the Canal'd'amour if it's still there it might be an alternative?
Thanks for all your help on this one we go in just over 1 weeks time and cant wait and we will definetely be going to the 'Sunset' I will have a good walk round to look at the others and maybe give the waiters the nod that we will be coming for a special anniversary meal and see what they offer :wink:

I will be sure to post full reviews on my return.

Simon
x
Hi yes Panorama sunset beach is best, you'll want to get there about an hour before sunset to get a nice table, it is awesome and not far from Sidari at all
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.