Spain - Canary Islands - Tenerife Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tenerife.
9 day report
18 Posts
Well done.
You kept a great diary.
Do you own in PBC? How do you deal with "Customer Services"?
Did you notice on the sea front in Los Christianos that a set of two tracks are being placed near the beach front? Any idea what they are for?
Kind regards,
Billyboy.
Hi billy

always write down on a slip of paper where we have been etc

we have 2 weeks in nov, and loads of our friends have 2 weeks in march, which is why we always go twice a year.
March is spent in a 2 bed overlooking the sea right on the front, well our bedroom is on the back overlooking the mountains.
Nov is spent on floor 12.

Customer services we just don't bother with them, when they come a knocking we just tell them no thanks. And that were on holiday, and dont want to see a re-furbished apt. When they stick the letter through we just ignore it, and the phone calls as well.
A lot of the studios on the front were being re-wired, and most of the floors on the landings have been re-tiled. Floors 6 and 7 were being done whilst we were there.
They are strict now on the sunbeds, the lads come round and turn the bottom of the matresses up, then come round an hour later if the matress is still turned up, they take the towels. About time to.
But the problem now is the fact that people are now taking 2 matresses, we had beds but no matresses, so we complained, and the lads went round taking the 2nd matresses off people.

Yes i did notice the track lines, and wondered what they are for, they do seem about the same width as train lines.

I may see you there next november.
Hi,

The 'tram lines' are actually drains, according to my other half! They are made of wood, so wouldn't be any good for a train or tram!
i did think drains at 1st, but looking at them again i wasn't to sure.

it could be a small train to take you from the beginning of the beach, to the market. :rofl

should be nice when it is finished, have to say i'm real pleased with how las americas on the front is now, over the past 2 years i've watched it all been done. Not over keen on the fountains, outside of drop inn, watched them being made, and saw them in action this year, infact they kept us awake at tea time.
Hi Chris,

Other Half says that because it is a large expanse of space, there will be lots of water to get rid of when it rains. The 'tram lines' are to set the levels so when they pave it the water will run down the drains. If you look carefully, there are a whole series of gulleys to take the water in between the tram lines. Tram lines are NOT made of wood! Train to market is a nice idea, but not gonna happen! ;)

lanzafan
hi chris, we were there the same time as you at parque santiago 2 and I know what you mean about the weather some days! still got a good tan though.
we thought pdla was quiet at night considering it was busy during the day.
The tram lines are odd as they only go a short way, haven't a clue what they are for, we thought a tram, but it would be pretty pointless given the length of it.
tssssssssssssk
had the vodka on the bar as well chris.... with only 1 cube!!!!!!
...............next time eh!!
...............next time eh!!

i had half of las americas looking for you.

I did find out where your now working, but it was on the wed night, and i was coming home on the thur. So providing your still there nov i will be making the walk up to your bar.

But did meet a few people who knew you. :cheers
Happy birthday Chris (although I'm a bit late) glad you had a good time on your holiday

love Lesley x
chris i'm supposed to be ingognito !!!!!! who knows me?????? lol
i sold the old bar in pueblo canario (now called oscars) and i bought a new place in los cristianos.....................
I know i even know the name of your new bar in los c, but i couldn't get there.

A few people from oscars knew you, and a guy in heads n tails, and scotch corner and the brum bar. See i did ask, i'll pm you the name of your bar.

And in nov it is a double vodka tonic, still with 1 ice cube.
Hi Chris,
As always, another great report. Always worth waiting for your feedback as it is so informative. Any new members looking for info could do a lot worse than search for your posts, probably find all the info they need. :) . Sounds as if you and the gang had another great time even if the weather was a bit iffy. We did'nt manage out this March, not out until October, so a bit of a hang on :( . Oh, and a belated Happy Birthday, hope you had a great night.
Gordon. :wave:
Please name the bar :)

Going to LC in a few weeks and will promise to drop in for a pint or 2 :tongue
If you go then you can get my vodka for me, but make sure he doesn't put 2 ice cubes in.
C'mon Chris.
I cant go unless you tell me which bar :cheers

:sun2
Good report Chris! Just got back ourselves on Friday night (4 April) after 2 weeks at the "Scallydonia Park". Yes, the weather wasn't so clever the first week we were there.
Monday 24th ... went down to the pool, only again to see those bloody clouds ... People said that it rained round the parque Santiago area, well it never rained at all at puerto colon.
We had some rain up at the Caledonia - everyone abandoned the pool by 3pm and we had an early shower and a nice walk down to San Eugenio shops for a bit of retail therapy :wink:
As you came home on the Thursday (27th) the clouds all went away and it was wall-to-wall sunshine from that point onwards 8-) , but with a bit of a calima the last few days - I got burnt on the Wednesday (2 April) using the same suncream I'd been using for the previous few days and spending the same amount of time in the sun :shock:
We did the Teide/Icod/Garachico/Masca trip on Wednesday 26th March - saw plenty of rain and clouds over on the north-west coast. Teide was spectacular as ever in clear sunshine, but it was coats, gloves and scarf temperatures up there!
Went to Loro Parque on Saturday 29th - fell in love with the orcas - we actually managed to see them twice, and also squeezed in the dolphins, sea-lions (hilarious as always), penguins, gorillas & chimps and shark tunnel - good job it's our third time there, so we know our way around the park :wink:
We didn't venture out much in our second week, it was so nice to finally get all-day sunshine we just sat and made the most of it, although we did get a bus down to the Med Palace/Safari Centre area one morning to have a look around the lovely shops - got a few fragrance bargains in Riu, and son got nice shoes from the Levis shop. Reminded ourselves of how nice it is down there, and decided this would definitely be our last time staying anywhere up the hill over the motorway.

Glad you had a nice birthday Chris. No better place to be! :glynis
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.