Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
I would have thought an A1 hotel would be out of limits for £500 for a week, but i am sure you would find an hotel that is B & B for that price. Loads of people on this forum are frequent travellers to egypt so i am sure they will help.

Michelle x

sonesta beach resort queen :sun2
Hi there are lots of cheap all inclusive hotels in Egypt but you will get what you pay for. In laws recently went to the Savoy and paid £400 each including flights and this is an Egyptian 5 star hotel. Delta Sharm is cheap with medhotels. Most of my trips to Sharm last year and this year were booked seperately. Flights either with XL or Easyjet and then search for cheap hotels. Medlifehotels, medhotels, hotels4u and among the cheapest. Also try Freedom Direct - for next week I managed to get b n b at Tropicana Rosetta which is in Naama bay for just £8 each. We prefer b n b as it is so cheap to eat out and lots of restaurants to choose from. All incl can be very hit and miss.
I have just seen this hotel come up at £524, but when you cost it, you have to pay etc for room supps as a single person Renaissance Golden View

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/sshbr-renaissance-golden-view-beach-resort-sharm-el-sheikh/

Michelle x

you will find the same problem with alot of companies when it comes to a single room supplement.

ola
Sunset Partner 443, Amar Sina and Al Diwan 473 all inclusive and fly 26 Aug to 3rd Sept from Gatwick with ulookubok.

Sunset B n B 358 all incl 411, Amar Sina 434 all incl, Cleopatra 492 all incl, Horizon Sharm 467 all in, Falcon Hills all incl 475, Falcon Hills Viva same price, Turquoise Partner all inc 478, Delta sharm 505. These are all for 27 Aug til 3rd Sept. With Sunsave - if I find anything cheaper will let you know.

All the above were the total prices including single supplement.
nana26, they are good prices including single supplement, well done you. might send you to find my next one!!!

Ola
Hi I do seem to find the bargains. Just helped someone else find a cheapy to Luxor. Just let me know info and I will do my best for everyone as got quite a few I have used saved on my faves. Even got a hotel including single supplement last yr for £5 a night b n b!!
I have never heard of these places to book holidays, i am not that adventurous :wave: but i would always be very wary in case they go bust, i wouldnt fly personally with XL as too cramped for me, but as you say if cheap is what you require then they are excellent deals. I am assuming they are all abta bonded etc? If they are, is it cheap because the planes are small?

I am 5ft 11 and have to buy exit seats or upgrade to premium econmony, i cannot fly charters unless i book legroom space. For someone that is considerably smaller, this is such a saving :tup

Michelle x
Hi Krankie-Frankie (great user name)

If you can get the Rennaisance that Michelle (sonesta beach resort queen :sun2 ) mentioned to come in at your price, I'd just like to say it's a top hotel and would recommend it.

It has the beautiful poolside area you mention in your first post and also is on the right side of the road for the sea. It has terraces cut in the rock with sunbeds and parasols where you can sunbathe and there are jetties to snorkel from. It also has stunning gardens.

When choosing hotels in Sharm read a few reviews first as the quality can be variable.
Cheap isn't always the best an extra 50 quid can be well spent in Sharm on a hotel, it makes much more impact on the quality of a hotel than 50 quid spent in Tenerife or similar.

It can take you up from a 3* to a 4*, or from B&B to AI so choose carefully.

Doe :cheers
  • Edited by doe 2008-05-28 14:15:59
Al Diwan all incl 456, 452 for Amar Sina, Sol Virginia 483, Domina Gardenia Plaza Resort 485, Falcon Hills 473, same for Falcon Inn Viva, Creative Badawia Sharm Resort 503, Coral Hills 482, Marmara Resort 461, Golden Sharm Resort 465, Aloha Club resort 475, Hotel Viva 485, Iberotel Fanara Club & Residence 515 however these flights are 29th and back on 5th with Freedom Direct.

I have used Medlife, otbeach, medlife hotels, hotels4u, unpackaged, Freedom Direct, XL all before with no problems.
nana26 wrote:
Sunset Partner 443, Amar Sina and Al Diwan 473 all inclusive and fly 26 Aug to 3rd Sept from Gatwick with ulookubok.

Sunset B n B 358 all incl 411, Amar Sina 434 all incl, Cleopatra 492 all incl, Horizon Sharm 467 all in, Falcon Hills all incl 475, Falcon Hills Viva same price, Turquoise Partner all inc 478, Delta sharm 505. These are all for 27 Aug til 3rd Sept. With Sunsave - if I find anything cheaper will let you know.

All the above were the total prices including single supplement.

Firstly thank you too all so far for your help

Nana26, Great prices for all inclusive. Definitely going too look into those. But reluctent too book through somebody I haven't heard off. Have you or anyone here booked through "ulookubook"
No havent booked with them but they are bonded. Just go through all the ones within your budget and look at reviews as well. As I said all incl can be very hit and miss in Egypt and dont forget their star rating system is very different to ours. All the hotels above are the cheapies that alot of the big tour ops sell as well.
You totally have to be aware of booking via someone you have never heard of, at the end of the day, its your well earned money you saved to go. I have never personally heard of any of them, but i normally stay with companies i do know, portland i always fly with, they are part of thomson, yes a bit dearer, but i have never had fault with them and been going for over 15 years with them.

Before you make up your mind on anything, please trust your judgement, and find out everything about these hotels, flights and packages etc, you will feel better for being cautious, i'm sure :)

Michelle x
I must confess i enjoy eating out, this is the first year we are A1 and not by choice, the hotel i have been going for years doesnt do B & B now, but upgraded us free of charge. I will still eat out on occasionally, the prices are so cheap, and for one person it would cost you approx for a 3 course meal about a fiver. You will pay more for A1. But if your chosen hotel is in the middle of the sticks so to speak, then A1 would possibly be better for you :tup
Good luck :cheers

Michelle x
Hi Krankie-Frankie

You could try putting up a post in the tour ops thread asking about ulookubook & any other company you haven't heard of, better be safe than sorry. I personally haven't heard of them.

Another thing is to always pay at least the first 100 pounds of the bill by credit card as it gives you extra insurances that you don't get with a debit card or cheque.

Doe :)
I agree 100% with doe, never pay for holidays online or over the phone with a debit card, you are not 100% covered, and will lose your money. Credit cards you will be protected on, and if there is any misdemeanors, you will get it back after an investigation.

Michelle x
One of the things you also need to consider if you book a DIY as opposed to with Portland, Thomas Cook or similar, is that transfers may not be included in the price, so look out for that.

Check what the company you are booking with actually offers. No hotel in Sharm is particularly far from the airport, but a taxi may try to charge you 20 pounds each way. Unfortunatley they will probably charge the same for one person as a family of four (much the same as here really).

Good Luck and do let us know how you get on and what you decide.

Doe :wave:
Have a look on the Travel Republic site as they are well known and have loads for your budget flying out 27th.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.