General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
20kg baggage "and" a maximum 5kg for hand baggage

I would take that as both, 20kg and 5kg = 25kg in total.

Robby :wink:
I would take that as both, 20kg and 5kg = 25kg in total.

I concur :tup
This is my take on it.
20 kgs in suitcase and 5 kgs in hand luggage...that's what it has always been for me Chivas.

However, Thomson now weigh both peice of luggage together on the belt, they weigh the cases first, then you have to place your hand luggage on top, the total amount is then totted up and together they must not weigh more than 25 kgs or you will be charge €9 for every kilo excess.

If the total (hand and hold) luggage is 25kgs, I understand it that 10 kgs is the max weight for hand luggage they'll accept in the cabin and this would mean your suitcase will have to weigh 15 kgs or less, before incurring charges.

Sanji
Thanks.

I think we are skytours and there's a bit about , some skytours or late deals may have 15kg of luggage. However it says it would have been made clear at the time. I can't ever remember seeing anything like that and if I do a dummy booking now for the same holiday it shows up as 20kg so hopefully thats what we'll get!

All they had to do was put it on my invoice and there'd be no bother!!! Idiots!!! :tup

Anyway, if it's 15kg then I'll be going onto the plane wearing 14 t-shirts, 4 pair of shorts, and 3 towels wrapped around me! :D
I have just come home from a Thomsons holiday with the same allowances as you have been quoted.

It is definately 20kgs hold and 5kg hand luggage.
also i got told that they are giving infants 10 kilo luggage aswell this year somtime
Sorry that link does not work you will have to type Thomson baggage allowence in your search engine and click on the link that way, dont know why the link I just gave you does'nt work now.
Everything is explained on their luggage allowence page.
I saw that link but as we are on a skytours holiday, the bit about skytours is confusing and because they didn't put it on my invoice I don't know if we're15kg or what!
Looks like I'll have to ring them at 10p per minute to find out!

Cheers
Chivas,
Go onto SAYNOTO0870.COM and you will get the local telephone number, I always do saves a fortune.

Angie
I could never seem to find one for Thomson! There was a number but when I dialed it it didn't get through!
I wonder if they'll be there today and if it'll be cheaper being a saturday!

Cheers for the help
Chivas,
I have just had a look and there are loads of numbers for Thomson Fly and one for Skytours.
It will state on your tickets what the allowance is. They usually arrive a week or two before travel so it's not like you won't have time to pack :que
hmm, I just put in 08701649013 and chose find alternative number, it only gave me one which was 02071060373.
When I rang this I got India and it was a credit scection that only took payments.
So I just rang the number 0870 and after 12 minutes he told me I def have 20kg + 5 and also the seats are guaranteed which I was unsure about too!
So thanks everyone for your help!

Angie, for future ref could you tell me which number you put in to get the other numbers? Cheers
I know that phildo, I'm not daft!

Just the wife will be buying all the shops out so if it turns out it's only 15kg it won't all go in!
I just wanted to know now! Why shouldn't I?
I just put in company name Thomson and click on. Up comes a whole page of Nos.

Angie
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.