Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
Also, do they have a public/pay phone in or near the Reef Oasis Blue Bay?

Thank you
Hi

In Sharm i have never seen an A/L machine, but there are plenty of others that take debit cards and visas.
There is a Thomas Cook bureau de change as well that you can walk into, and a man will exchange your currency, or give you money. A Passport is required for this though.
As for telephones i cannot really answer that one, never seen any, apart from hotels.

If you are on contract with T.Mobile and some other networks, its free to send picture messaging, but not free to send a text. Text on a picture message is free out of your contract.

HTH

Michelle x
Sonesta beach resort queen :sun2
6 days till i go :D
I'm off Sunday 6 days to go to!!!!!! :cheers

Not on contract & never sorted my prepay for picture messages anyway.

I will take my phone for texts, but I like to find a pay phone too.

Didn't expect to see an A&L machine, but anyone that takes visa debit cards will be good.

Do the instructions come up in English (I've NEVER used a cash point abroad :que ).

Thanks for all your help :wave:

If I get stuck, I will come & find you at the Sonesta :rofl

I'm at the Reef Oasis Blue Bay.
Just ring the sonesta beach and we can meet up :tup I'd better be in room 1105 or else the manager will be sacked :rofl

Yes the machines are self explanatory although only used them once. You choose what language you want, i think it was the HSBC bank i used.

I tend just to take cash and change it into currency when in my grounds at the hotel. I can usually get a better rate there.

Michelle x
sonesta beach resort queen :sun2
Thanks Michelle

Got your room number

My DD boyfriends parents stayed at the Sonesta, its well placed isn't it.

I always take cash too, but get paid while on holiday, so got a reserve fund :tup
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.