Spain - Canary Islands - Tenerife Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tenerife.
Hi there, im 33 now (getting on!!) but have been a requent visitor to teneife PDLA since i was 19 (been 13 times now) and always used to go for the nightlife (although thats all stopped now im preg!!) just got back from spending xmas and new year there and its a brilliant as ever.
Places i would recommend are as follows - all are within a 10/15 min walk to main drinking areas and apartments rather than hotels. Assuming rightly OR Wrongly your in your twentys and want apartments. If your looking more towards hotels let me know.
Prob one of the best lot of apartments in Las Americas are the Colon II (only thing is only avail through thomsons i think)
http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g562820-d641498-Reviews-Colon_II_Apartments-Playa_de_las_Americas_Tenerife_Canary_Islands.html this has reviews on them

Slightly lesser quatity than there you have Califonia - have stayed here myself - loved it = basic standard apartment = good reception - quiet on evening so can catch your sleep, next to a supermarket, and 10-15 min walk to bars is a good one as you pass several good bars en route you can stop and have a cheeky one at.

Just came back from stayin at the Andorra apartments - and next door to them is the Parque de la Paz - both are fab and again 10-15 min walk to main place, these are set in a great area - loads of fab restaurants at the Safari centre which is about 3 min walk away - and also a 2 min walk to a strip of bars which are great for starting off in with good bands on before you hit the Linekers, Tramps etc

Would stay away from any of the below (been there done that wouldnt recommend anyone to do it!) Paraderro!!, Parisio del sol.

A popular choice on 18-30s is the Piramades - these are far enough away from the main nightlife but do have reports of being noisy during the night (have friends how have stayed there loads over the years and they say rooms are great as is location and apartments but if you want a good sleep every night then dont bother.

if you are doing private let apartment rather than package deals check out any of the Parque Santigo - there ace - stayed in the Parque Santiago 2 a couple of years ago - best accom ive stayed in in tenerife - but sure these are just private let rather than package - although i maybe wrong as its been several years since i done a package deal

hope this helps - any more info with PM me

Shaz
Hi Jayne you could also try the Columbus Aparthotel, which is across the road from La Piramedes, it seems to be for the 18-30 group.

you can also find reviews of the accommodatios in the following Reviews of hotels and apartments
stayed at the Andorra a few times but i wouldn't reccommend it for young ones(18 to 28) because its very quite and the security can be a bit strict. would be better off at the parque de la paz cos it does different ages and there is entertainment on every night before you head off to the clubs
Thanks everyone.

Just to say, I don't really want places for the young crowd. I'm 25 and my sister will be 42(!) by the time we travel, so definitely don't want any 18-30's type places!! :rofl That's why we like nice apartments/hotels that are in quiet places, but within a 1km walk to the nightlife should we fancy it :D
:-D Jayne :-D
As mentioned earlier Parque Santiago II or III would fit the bill.

Kind Regards
Stewart
Parque Santiago 3,4 or 5 would be fine or if you want a hotel the Noelia Sur or if you want to push the boat out the 5 star Villa Cortes.
bouganville playa(4star) in the costa adeje area, quite area of PLDA not to far from the beach, in the quite area but 10 -15min the nightlife. Oh better still get a taxi they is always loads around and its pretty cheap.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.