Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
that if someone reclines their seat then it not only pushes the table back too but changes the angle of the table.

Don't think anybody said that SMa.
Think someone said that for a fat person who is unable to lower the tray fully into the horizontal postition because of their gut or the fact that it will dig in, tend to recline and give more room for them, otherwise they would have a sloping platform :lol:

You should have the seat in the upright position when meals are served, but as this is uncomfortable for the person, they tend to go back into the reclining position as soon as the cabin crew have passed and as hot drinks and snacks are sold the rules are not always adhered to regarding putting the seat in the upright position, but I can't find anywhere in the topic where anyone suggested that it changes the position of the tray in relation to angle for the person behind.

Sanjii
  • Edited by Sanji 2007-08-04 13:39:45
Without getting in to the whole debate that has been discussed many times on various threads, the table design is pretty much as you say. The table is designed to be independent of the seat so that regardless of the seats inclination, the table will remain level. Problems often arise when the seat in front is reclined. Even though the seat angle when reclined is only slightly more than when upright, it can reduce the available space to the passenger behind. A lot of the problems caused when reclining seats can be avoided if passengers are courteous and consider those behind. A quick 'would you mind if I recline my seat' or ensuring it is upright during meals, and certainly during take off and landing is all that is needed.

Darren
Thanks for your reply Darren.

This is obviously an issue which SMa and Sanji have been discussing elsewhere and so rather than continue it here, I am going to close the topic at this point before it attracts a wider audience and input, developing into the usual controversial and offensive slanging match always associated with such topics.

David :wave
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.