Greece - Corfu Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Corfu.
Achravi
7 Posts
Matoula has a very good name Mick. Afew of our Acharavi friends stay there every year. My wife and I are independant travellers and stay in an apartment that we arrange through "Travelwithfriends"., it is a sister company of Castaway Travel in Acharavi. We book an apartment with them then get a flight, usually a Monarch Airlines from the AVRO Website. A little dearer but we get to travel when we want. We have been to Acharavi 8 times in the last 5 years so you will gather we love the place with its laid back and friendly atmosphere. We have already booked for June next year and will find the flight in a few months time. Anyway you will have had a good holiday by now and maybe fallen for the place like we did. All the best and keep going to Achatavi. Peter Pan. :D
MMC, hope you enjoyed Matoula, sorry have only just read this post. We have stayed there twice now, very large aprts for greece & clean, and close to all the amenities. Acharavi too is great for lots of choice of places to eat, the beaches are clean and everyone there is soo friendly. If we go back next year we may book independantly as the price of matoula has gone up alot, we have to still travel during the school hols & we will only have ONE of our children with us next year, so the two bed apartment supplements are too much!
ps MMC I too flew from East mids, only 3 days after you! lol
Hi ive just booked to go next August with my 11 year old , hubby and sister and hubby, have heard lots of good reviews , wanted to know if theres any entertainment about as when we went to Zante we struggled to find :lol: any, also do many children go to this complex as i dont want mine getting too bored, Thanx :lol: :D 8)
there is some entertainment at matoula, like pool competetions, bingo, quiz nite, they have a good Greek nite, although the one next door at Nireas is a good 'family' one. If you want traditional Greek entertainment theres live Greek music in some of the tavernas now, Valentines along the beach road and also Meastro (On the beach) has a very good greek nite.

After the 2nd week in July you tend to find at matoula there are plenty of children over the ages of 10, plenty of activity around the pool. The beach is just 5 mins away as well, its a great location, not far from anywhere really! :wink: I would love to go back next year but the price has gone up by about £400 now from this time last year, wish we had booked as soon as we got back from this years hols!! :x
Thank you for the nfo , i have heard that its a better part of Corfu and more for families.

I booked on Sunday and got a free child so it cost £970 but i did notice yesterday that the price has gone right up and no free child ( well theres one if you fly out on the 8th August ) dont know how they can change the price so much. :x

Hope you find somewhere nice.

Eve
Evejane, thats a good price, if we didn't mind all sharing the one room studio we could have got it for £1100, but to book the two bed aparts it was up to about £2000!!!!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.