Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
Actimel
16 Posts
cant she take it with her in a cool bag?
im sure you can but it somewhere.

fizz xx
We were thinking this but wasn't too sure on whether we would be allowed to take it into the country??!!!! :?
yes im sure you could, we took yoghurts, dairy products etc to cyprus last year, it was fine, but im almost sure you would find it maybe in the big supermarkets.

fizz xx
Thanks for that Fizz, i'm sure we'll sort it. Mum is just worried as its her first ever holiday abroad!! and our little ones too!! Going to be a whole new experience for all of us,just hope i get chance to relax but i think daddy is going to be very busy :lol:
tell mum not to worry :lol: you will all have a lovely time,
paphos is beautiful, i just know you will have a wonderful time
if you need anymore advice please ask.

love fizz xx
Thanks. Husband and I have been 3 times and will always go back. We're going again because it being our daughters first, we wanted somewhere we trusted and knew what the hotel was like. Staying at Athena Beach again!! I know the supermarkets there are pretty well stocked,even with a lot of stuff we buy here, but as we didn't go last year,wasn't sure what they did.
Thanks again
Salx
Yes, you can get Actimel here in Cyprus. Definitely the big supermarkets like Orphanides or
Ermes (formerly Woolworths) have it, but probably some of the smaller supermarkets and bakeries would sell it too.

Have a great time.
Evelyn.
Is Actimel that good that she cannot go two weeks with out it !
I have just started taking it , as ive had a lot of colds this winter , i do feel a lot better but i might have anyway!
Its does seem to er clear the system often though! :lol:
Guernsey Tom,
My mum says YES its brilliant, will "clear you out" so to speak first couple of weeks but after that you'll be fine.

Evelyn,
Thankyou so much for letting us know that we can buy it there. Its put my mum's mind at rest.

Sal
x
Hi all,
Actimel pro-biotic drink.

Can anyone tell me if this is now back in the supermarkets this year, as last year we couldn't find it anywhere.
The prevoius year we found it in, what was called then, Woolworths. But since it changed to debenhams it was no where to be found. We even travelled around to other supermarkets.

Myself and my daughter have it every day and next year i don't want to go 14 days without it.

Any help much appreciated.

Going to Athena Beach in Paphos end of May 2008

Sally
Hi Sally,

No, unfortunately Actimel has not been around in the shops here for some time, and I don't know why??

Might be by next year again, though........ who knows? Maybe you should get on to the manufacturer and ask why it is not available in Cyprus? In fact, might do that myself! If you find out anything, let me know.

All the best,
Evelyn
You will not be allowed to carry it in your hand luggage as there are still strict restrictions regarding fluids.It would have to go in her suitcase.I am sorry I cant direct you to the link.
Thanks guys,
what a bummer. No good putting it in the suitcases as i'd haye to think of the mess it would be in when we get to the other end!!!
I will get on to the manufacturers as it was available there before, and so many people take it now.
Thanks again and if anyone sees it out there let us know!!!!
Sally
if you can't live without it you could try what I did when I went to the States, but all my makeup and lotion and face cream shampoo etc in small tuperware butty box, with tight fitting lid........course baggage allowance is incredable so there was no problem.....Cyprus last month just took a couple of things in little box.
Jay
Keo works, clears my system out, :lol: I have never seen this milk product on sale here, it maybe just that I have never seen it, only on UK adverts on TV..

Looks glucky to me, good Cypriot yogurt, nothing like it anywhere else in the world, has the same beneficial results it is active yogurt for sure, is Actimel any different? apart from the fact you drink it? yuk!!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.