Australia, New Zealand and South Pacific

Discussions regarding holidays in Australia, New Zealand and the South Pacific region.
I think two weeks is probably too long, unless you intend to take a few trips out, lots of tour companies do one or more day tours in the area, or you could hire a car and tour yourselves. The city itself is quite interesting, lots of good museums, galleries, shops and restaurants, but not enough to do for two weeks . But it's a really good base for day drips to places like Kangaroo Island, The Clare and Barossa wine growing area, The Flinders Range, The Outback etc.
I really liked the city when I visited a couple of years ago but it is not like Sydney where there is an endless list of things to do or see. Much more laid back. Nevertheless very pleasant and worth a visit.
We found Adelaide to be a depressing back water. It's OK as a place to get out of, I'd say it's a touring base. Glenelg is worth a visit from Adelaide.

Wouldn't re-visit.

Patka
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.