Tunisia Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tunisia.
Hi Welcome to HT :wave:

There is an entry fee to El Jem which I recall was 8 Dinar and 1 Dinar for photography, that total works out at less than £4, this also includes entry to the museum which is located a short distance away so be sure to visit it also.

A trip in to the Medina in Sousse is an experience and might not be to everybody's liking as you will get a bit of good natured pressure to have a look in the shops / stalls.

Does your girlfriend like shoes :rofl stupid question, there is a street in Sousse near the Medina with numerous fixed price shoe shops selling shoes at excellent prices.

Your hotel will probably have some form of SPA treatments available and they are usually much cheaper than back in the UK so this would be a nice experiance for her.

Graham
Hi,

I've been thinking about this one and seem to remember some years ago a couple at the hotel I stayed at arranged with management to have a private dinner on the beach to celebrate an anniversary. They didn't mention costs but said it was an amazing experience. If your hotel is on the beach you could maybe ask if they would be willing and able to do something similar. They may not be but it can't hurt to ask. I also think Graham's shoe shopping and spa ideas are fantastic. Just remember the luggage allowance if you go shopping :rofl (I speak from experience!! :D )

A.
Should also have mentioned that the large stone built and imposing Ribat in Sousse which is located next the Madina is also worth a visit even if only to enjoy the views from the top of the tower, entry is I think 5 Dinar and again 1 Dinar for use of a camera, The Grand Mosque is also next the Medina and Ribat, this can be visited for a small fee but try and avoid Friday and shoulders should be covered.

http://travel.webshots.com/album/568537253lfPcdz?vhost=travel

Graham
and shoulders should be covered.

And knees - even for the men! So no shorts that day!

SM
I would just mention that I met a man from Birmingham a few years ago in one of the hotels who told me that on a previous occasion he had been taken by a local to the jewellery souk and bought a diamond ring for approx £200. When he got home he took it to a jewellers for a valuation and was amazed when they told him it was worth £2,000 :yikes There are also stories which tell of the opposite experience so beware.
Good to know about the shoe shop. Will be somewhere I will be visiting when I go in 2 weeks time.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.