Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
Planos's Beach House or Villa Tula just outside the village of Loggos on Paxos might suit you. Both sleep 3 people comfortably, couldn't be any closer to the beach and are about a 5 minute walk from the village, where you'll find about half a dozen bars and a few tavernas. It's not a big family destination because the hour's hydrofoil trip from Corfu puts off most people who have young children.

If you want more info about Paxos, take a look at my mini-guide on the Corfu Travel Guidewebsite, or just pm me.

Elaine
Kos Town, everything is there, IF you want it, but you can easily avoid it if you dont.
The night clubs are in an area of their own, there is a lovely harbour with (expensive) tavernas and bars, and there are the quieter tavernas in and around the resort.
Public transport is superb on Kos, and there is plenty to see and do on the rest of the island.
God, after writing all that I think I'm going to have to go back. :D
I agree, Kos would be a good choice but I thought that Kos town seemed too touristy and a bit on the full-on side. Id recommend Kefalos in Kos instead. There are plenty of small bars for a relaxing drink or few and a couple of places with cocktail lists as long as your arm. Kefalos is really quiet in the day time and much more laid back and 'greek' than kos town. It does liven up a bit at night but is still perfect for a relaxing drink, and is still really laid back and friendly. There are also a great choice of restaurants/tavernas and the majority of the villas are close to the beach (avoid any that are described as being up-hill from the beach as it's a steep climb). Id recommend Popi's studios (check Kosmar brochure) as this is less than 5 mins stroll from the beach and bars but tucked away from the main street so you dont get disturbed by any passers-by, and the pool area/pool bar is more private than many of the other places to stay. Kefalos is also only a bus ride away from Kos town if you fancy a bit of shopping or a livlier night out and there are tons of trips to neighbouring resorts and islands to fill your days and nights..... if you want a bit more activity.

It would also be worth considering looking at Hanioti in Halkidiki. It's a few years since I visited and I believe there are a few more bars and tavernas there now but this too is a more laid back resort. I'd recommend Dionysis (think thats how you spell it) apartments and hotel. The studio apartments are a really good size, extremely clean and feel more like having you own villa. Dionysis is in the best part of Hanioti. It's about 5-10 mins stroll to the town square, which has a good choice of bars and shops but isnt too touristy. It's better to stay at the Dionysis end of Hanioti than the town end as the beach near Dionysis is to die for. Ive never seen such a stunning beach and there seems to be miles of it. You'll have the vast expanse of stunning beach pretty much to yourself at that end of the resort and it's only about 5 mins walk from Dionysis (in the opposite direction to the town square).

Both of these resorst arent really family hot spots and you wont be bothered by kids in either resort. However, id say that of the two Kefalos is more the place to go if you really dont want a family place as theer are more water sports available in Halikidiki so there's more chance of coming across kids there.

Good luck deciding where to go... although I dont think you need it, Ive never been disapointed with Greece.

kel

:)
we went to crete in 2002 and that has something for all we stayed in hersonisos we visited malia there for a night out also. its good for the young the old the brave and the bold.

happy hols pam xxxxxxx
My partner and I went to Kos a couple of years ago and stayed in Kefalos which was perfect, it's a fishing village and has plenty of bars and restaurants but we found that Kefalos was full of couples or groups of friends, there were hardly any children floating about, also, Kefalos is only a short bus drive away from Kos Town if you wanted to go there for a more 'rowdy and busy' nightlife, but Kefalos was perfect, had everything there you could wish for.
Having done Kos (Kardamena), Rhodes (Falaraki) and Crete (Hersonissos/Malia) i would probably recommend Rhodes out of the 3.

If you stay in Hersonissos it's got plenty happening there in terms of nightlife and only a short distance to Malia should you want that bit extra..

However since your after something other than nightlife then i would recommend Rhodes..
I would also gio for Kefalos on Kos. OPlenty to do but mostly couples and groups not really a family resort as such
Heather
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.