General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Advice Needed !
6 Posts
At this time of the year the weather is still good in the canaries have a look at the Rui Viatamar Hotel all inclusive Puerto Rico Gran Canaria hotel reviews on this site are very good.
You may have the same problem we did with our 2 year old, all of a sudden he went from a nominal £45 to a full blooded £800. I spent ages trying to find away around it or an agent that helped.

In October you could hit Sharm which should be closer to you as we fly over germany on the way. Nice weather and they like kids.

Over in the "Caribbean" you could have your pick of CUBA, DR or Mexico. We were in Mexico at the end of September beginning of October last year and the pools and sea were very warm and the weather was hot. We put an all over suit on the grandson and he was out and about all day long with no ill effects.

Quick edit to relocate back to their original locations and not the Med as my keyboard would have us believe.
Thanks for your replies.
I'm going to look into all the places mentioned.. Sharm El Sheik and Mexico sound good.
Only problem now is that i've got a VERY fussy son that will only eat chicken nuggets, yoghurt, and milk.
Are these things easy to get out there ?
Also been told by some army people here that the best way to get a holiday is to go to the airport a week before we want to go away, as they are fighting to sell holidays there.. so might try that and see what we are offered.

Thanks again
Emma x
One thing to watch out for is the quality of the holidays. Research the areas you want as much as you can before you go looking for a cheapie. The forums are full of people whose holiday has not panned out as expected which can be a tremendous disappointment.

From my recent experiences I have spotted a few last minute bargains in local TAs, and I have somehow subscribed to a cheap holiday email which offers things like 5*AI for 299 etc.

So far, WITHOUT FAIL, every bargain offered has been in a hotel with very dodgy reviews. I take bad reviews with a pinch of salt anyway as a bad experience can colour the entire holiday and if the original fault was not something we would encounter, the rest might not be so bad, but I would not go for a single one of the hotels offered.

So that could be your problem. You may get a bargain but you will not have time to research before you accept, so you have to be prepared to enjoy the holiday whatever or it won't be a holiday.

BTW, the staple diet of most AIs appears to be chicken/pork and most of the ones that do a childrens selection seem to do chicken nuggets or beefburgers. Yoghurts are normally available, obiously depends on the hotel, but in Cuba and Mexico my grandson's diet was based around yoghurt!
I think most of the hotel milk is UHT, but in Cuba they left us a pint of milk a day in the minibar for the grandson. It does depend on the hotel so if you want things to go smoothly, it will be a case of lots of research and question for former holidaymakers and choose a good hotel or area. At least after researching an area you can get to know the bad hotels and then if a deal is offered on those you know it is not a bargain!
I don't know how far the airport is but it might be worth doing a dry run to see what sort of things are offered and what the conditions are. It will make it easier to plan your final assault or you may decide to forego the option!

Good luck
You might want to have a look at the Lara Beach/Antalya area of Turkey. Plenty of German toursits and many flights to Germany. Should still be warm enough at the beginning of October.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.