Far East

Discussions regarding holidays in the Far East.
Hi Ross
I've brought Hong Kong must dos thread to the top for you. You will get some good ideas from there. Also have a look through the first few pages of the forum as there are several trip reports and interesting threads. :)
How long are you going for? Have you got your hotel sorted out?
Yes I am staying for 3 nights, i am staying at the langham in hongkong, do you know where it is?
It is in Kowloon and close to all the major shops. Its also 5 minutes from the Star Ferry( which is a must) and a short walk to the MTR. Haven't actually seen the hotel but looked at its website and it looks lovely :)
For three nights - must dos
Victoria Peak.
Star Ferry
all the markets :)
take a ride on a tram.
Dim Sum at Maxims(City Hall). A busy place but worth waiting if there is a queue at lunchtime.
The light show- you are only about 5 minutes walk to the walkway everyone congregates round.
Bird Park

Buy a good guide book and have a look at some of the suggested walks- we did quite a few of these.
Hi Ross,

Yes the Langham is located in Mongkok which is a major shopping district. The hotel itself is part of a huge shopping/cinema/restaurant complex called the Langham Place

Must do the night market at Mongkok, which is a long street of stalls selling all sorts from souvenirs to toys to clothes to fake LV bags!!

If you are into latest gadgets like mobile phones, digital cameras, etc, visit the Sincere Shopping Centre which is just round the corner from the Langham

Enjoy your trip!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.