Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
Advice please?
15 Posts
Moved to complaints from General in the hope one of the experts will be able to help.

Mark :D
as you got the alarm call and the coach turned up I'm afraid I can't see you can claim taxi money back. On the positive side, it could have been worse, at least the rep contacted you - you may have missed the flight.
I have experienced sleeping in at the start of the holiday and having the taxi at the door- not the best start and OH wouldn't speak to me for ages because I was supposed to put the alarm on. So I can sympathise :wink:
the thing is you may of got to the airport before the coach, but you were in a taxi! you cant expect a coach full of people to wait for you when you were last pick up and they all managed to get up in plenty of time!!!!

it may of been your 1st holiday abroad but me personally would of used another alarm to make sure i was definatly up :oops:

if you complain about this you wont get anywhere! look at it from another point if the coach had waited for you its a good chance there may of been other passengers sharing thhis coach that were due to fly into another airport they could of missed check in because of the hold up :oops:
funnily enough we now use 2 alarm clocks!
so do i........... i wouldnt take the risk!!! :lol:
Does anybody know if I can claim anything back (ie taxi fare) for having to make our own way to the airport from the hotel on leaving day?

No chance at all. Sorry.

Peter
My votes a "NO" as well.
Forgot my false teeth last year and had to go back for them. Only just made it to the airport.

Not quite sure what I would have said to the TO or insurance company if we had missed the flight.

fwh
Hi,

Absolutely not. Never in a trillion years.

When I was a transfer rep, this happened to me. I had to get some poor soul out of bed because they mis-read 04.00 for 16.00. I had to leave without them and they had to get taxi quick-smart! Its not fair to the other guests who are ready to go and sitting of the coach waiting.

It sounds harsh but all the TO will say is it is your responsibility to make sure you are up and ready at the appointed time. If the coach had never turned up then that would be a different case altogether.
Sorry! Forget it and put it down to experience!

Louise
fwh
:rofl
ollysmum
best to put it behind you and concentrate on the rest of your holiday- hopefully you enjoyed your first venture abroad :D
You were lucky the rep phoned you. She could just have gone without you and left you asleep. You'd have had to fork out for new flights. :yikes
Thanks guys. Just read my post again and I sound a right mardy donut!! I think I was more upset at myself for not hearing the phone and being up and ready to go than at the rep. She must see it all the time.
Hi ollysmum
I think you've reached the right conclusion there (not that you're a 'mardy donut', but that it wasn't the fault of the rep).

To be honest, if I'd been on a coach to go to the airport and the rep announced that we had to wait for somebody that wasn't ready, I wouldn't have been best pleased and would have probably made you very aware of that fact when you finally boarded. :evil:

Just put it down to experience and take your own alarm clock next time. 8)

Polly
We used to always take a travel alarm clock on our hols but we just use the alarms on our mobiles now and tend to use them every morning as we'd probably never make it to brekkie :wink:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.