Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
advice please
6 Posts
Havent actually been Les, so hopefully others will be able to help you with your questions. I can however advise that the average tempartures are at least 35- 38C at that time of year.

Kath x
Hi Les

July temperatures are extremely high in fact scorching, it is no doubt the hottest month. Temps are about 130 degrees and you live under the brolly most of the time. You will need a very high factor suncream as well.

I like to eat out but go A1 now purely because of the heat you drink loads and they are more or less UK prices for soft drinks. Beer is about £2.50 for less than a pint. Sakara their local beer at my hotel is the same price as stella or heineken. If you are a cider drinker, well i dont think they sell it. For an average meal is about £15 a head pp, to include a starter, mains, a big bottle of water and pop each. Wine is very expensive to have out as are spirits. In Hard rock a malibu and coke cost around £6 if i remember right. But saying this, their prices at the bar are expensive, but the food isnt, quite reasonable in fact.

I am converted to A1 as it costs us less than £50 per day to have 3 meals, snacks and as much drink as we want. I couldnt eat out for that and have starters, desserts and wine ;)

As for visas, you fill in a white card on the aircraft basically to say where you are staying and for how long, if you want to go out of the Sinai eg, to visit Cairo/Luxor then you will need one. If you stay within Sharm area then you don't. When you get into the airport, you will be asked to join a queue, just tell them to stamp sinai only, then its done.

HTH

Michelle x
thankyou for the info,much appreciated :) i think its all inc.
I've been to Sharm twice, both times first two weeks in August and both times the temp was hovering around the 40-44c mark. Very nice indeed! :sun2 :sun2
Hi the hotel food and drink can be very hit and miss in Egypt, warm drinks and food and very repetitive. We have had reasonable and very bad. We now go self catering because we dont like to be tied especially as we all get up at different times and also we dont have to get up early to get a sunlounger. If we fancy a day of all inclusive then we book in one of the hotels over the road for the day for around £30 per adult for all day and eves for food, drink, facilities etc.

Eating out is still cheaper than the UK. In Nabq there is a fantastic Chinese called Peking and we can get an excellent 2 course meal for less than £10 a head. We also buy take away spit roasted chickens with pitta breads, dips and salad and costs us 40le and is enough for 4. I pay 10le for a large bottle of Sakkara but most places charge between 20 and 25. Pizzas are cheap with prices starting from around 15le and we have found restaurants where we have eaten lunch for 3 for around 50le in total. We stock up on water in the supermarkets and buy it by the box and works out less than 20p for a large bottle and large bottles of coke for around 45p. Its even cheaper to buy things like fish, salads etc and cook yourself for lunch. We use the local fruit and veg shop and you can get a kilo of strawberries for 20p! We also buy pots of koushari to go with the chicken and a large pot feeds 3 of us for 30p.

I find the heat more bearable in Nabq because you get a nice breeze which is welcome. Sheltered spots like Naama bay and Old Market dont really get as much of a breeze in the hot summer months.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.