Can anyone tell me if I stand a chance of getting any compensation from easyjet?
I booked through Hayes. Asked 'please don't send me anywhere with loud music/where young adults would go'. We had 3x recent bereavements. Just wanted a rest.
Choose a v nice looking hotel in Turkey. Advertised as family friendly. I said 'no problem, I have grandkids.'
All inclusive week booked. Found out no on site reps .
Arrived at hotel in early hours of morning. A few teething problems. Finally got to bed. Up early for breakfast (Turkey being 2hrs ahead). Eating outside round the pool. Just finishing my food when the 'entertainments manager' turned on the music system and started playing loud, body vibrating dance music. It was so loud I had to cover my ears. Speakers positioned so covered all pool/garden/beach areas.
Asked at reception - how long does this go on? Shrug 7pm. (turned out brief lull at 7pm whilst guy ate then back on again)
Spoke to entertainement manager twice and sales and marketing manager. Lip service given to 'turning down' as v small reduction in volume then up again.
Tried to go for walk but hotel in quite remote spot, no proper pavements/ unmade roads that were busy. Another holidaymaker in tears for same reason - was offered another hotel by Jet2
Rang easyjet and asked for a change of hotel. Was told 'we don't do that, but will speak to the hotel'. Also spoke to Hayes who asked for a video but I was unable to upload this due to poor internet.
Waited all of next day for easyjet to do something and took v hot bus to spend half a day in nearby town (had wanted an 'all inclusive' rest) and walked down beach away from hotel as far as possible . Loud music whenever near hotel. Beginning to get v stressed.
Following morning loud music again starting immediately after beakfast. V distressed. Rang easyjet and begged them to get us home. Was told I would have to pay for it. Out of options at that point so I paid.
There were other problems at the hotel but I could have coped with them. This I could not.
My beef is, I got exactly the holiday I asked not to get, easyjet did nothing to help, they have offered £90 compensation for a totally ruined holiday. Hayes are taking no responsibilty whatsoever.
I've been through the first part of ABTA process and my question is, is it worth spending any more money on this by going to arbitration, or do i just have to take the hit?