EX-Pats and Owners Abroad

Discussions for EX-Pats and owners abroad or those who are considering this idea.
.......if its of any help.... we looked at buying in Paphos, for rental; our sums didn't add up very well - we thought property prices didn't offer great value for money, even less so when we converted cypriot pounds to sterling......have read something recently about a very large expansion plan for the area, which could affect both the appeal of the place and the value of existing property.
In the end we looked elsewhere, and went for year-round rentals, in the Canary Islands.
I just came back from paphos, and found the property to be very over priced,some people say you can still get great deals in Cyprus, for that I think you would have to go away in land, at least thats what I think.
Stephen.
My parents live in cyprus and my cousin bought an investment property in paphos years ago and hasn't looked back. He doesn't rent it out to just anybody just family and friends and has kept it pretty full since the completion date. He got a good deal at the time and since then the prices have risen dramatically - I suppose the best thing to do is shop around and try to buy when in the 1st phase of completion as the prices always rise.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.