Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
Advice Required
10 Posts
Surely you however realised that you weren't going to get round trip flights and accommodation to Florida for £200? It was obviously a mistake.

I was under the impression that it is false advertising to post a price that they know will not be met when enquiries are made.
- if indeed they knowingly misrepresented the price then yes you have a case. If it was a mistake, as I suspect it was, then you have no case.

You could report the matter to Trading Standards if you felt the advert or offer was misleading but unless this company is a constant offender I doubt it will go anywhere.
I did think it could be a mistake, however have in the past flown to the states on a fly drive for under £100 per person, I too found that one by chance.

As you say mistakes can happen but if you were to walk into a shop that ihad tems adertised at £20 instead of £200, they would have to sell it to you at £20.

Just a little agrieved at the lack of apology by the company when it clearly wasn't my mistake!
yippee wrote:

if you were to walk into a shop that ihad tems adertised at £20 instead of £200, they would have to sell it to you at £20.

Legally they don't. Advertising a price is "an invitation to treat". It doesn't become a contract until the shop agrees to sell it and the customer agrees to buy it. If the shop notices their mistake before a contract is agreed then they can refuse to sell it.

luci :wave
We have booked our own holiday to Florida independently and it only cost 2900 for the flights for four of us and that is in August of this year 2008. The accomodation was 600 per week for a villa that sleeps ten. It might just be worth having a look at doing it that way :)
I think you will find the fuel surcharges, airport taxes, security fees and the Government's evil APD tax totals about £120 alone, per seat to Orlando at the moment.
Taxes Gatwick to Orlando on BA are now £197.10, the days of £100 trips are long gone.

Agreed they could have dealt with it better, but I would move on if I was you.
Thanks for all your help.

If anyone is interested, they still haven't updated the system, and a friend of mine phoned and was offered a £900 discount on the same holiday due to the fact they had made an error on the system. Her family of 4 is now paying less than £2k. Just goes to show its the luck of the draw and who you get on the phone.

Me I've now booked for Hungary and will be spending some of my holiday at the Formula 1 track.
YIPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE, much better than hot and humid, queues and more queues.

Florida can wait for another couple of months and a family trip at Christmas.
There's an interesting report of a case HERE involving fake holiday offers.

Might be worth having a word with your local Trading Standards as the company now appears to be knowingly offering the holiday at the cheap price, since it has not altered the website.

Peter
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.