Spain - Costa Blanca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Blanca.
There is a Lidl at the next roundabout south on the N332 at Playa Flamenca.

Cigarettes are the same price wherever you go, but if you are buying in bulk the estanco at the very end of the street market in Torrevieja sometimes throw in free gifts with big purchases.

The best beaches start at La Mata going northwards.
You can buy British cigarettes at the Tabac at Alicante airport for around €30 for 200. The Tabac is outside the terminal building by the car park next to the pay machines and opposite the steps/ramp across the road from the taxis.
Thanks for above. We are flying to Murcia.

Any more info on the area is muchly appreciated!

Thanks
Tonya
I live about 10km north from Punta Prima. What sort of things do you want to know about the area?
"" ""

Good bars, restaurants. beaches etc.
Anything that us tourists should be aware of?
Tah
Driving through Punta Prima today I did notice that there is an Aldi supermarket there as well. I have never taken much notice before, but it is opposite the old water tower.

The Dinastia Chinese restaurant has now been refurbished and is open for business. I have had better Chinese food, but the restaurant is very picturesque. Patio Andaluz is the Spanish restaurant on the other side of the roundabout by the new commercial center (near McDonalds). They have entertainment most evenings and the Iberian pork is very good.

In the commercial center there is ‘The Captain's Table' fish and chip restaurant which I have heard good things about. Vialli's is also supposed to be worth a visit.

Going south, between Aldi's and the roundabout at Playa Flamenca (where Lidl is), is the Asturias restaurant. This is a good and popular place for breakfasts and there is always some sort of entertainment in the evenings. Next door is the Go-Kart track. You may also notice a small open air restaurant between the two, which I think is German owned, but worth a visit for lunch.

There are plenty of bars and other restaurants along the coast side of the main road.

There are beaches in the immediate area but if you are mobile then I suggest that you hunt out the better ones in La Mata, Guardamar del Segura and La Marina. Post back if you want directions, or if you want to know what the surrounding areas have to offer.
There's also an Eroski at the Punta Marina CC at the roundabout, where McDonalds is.
And Carrefour and Supercor up by Lidl.
The Asturias has now moved across the road into what used to be La Pizza Nostra - next to the water tower. It is called the New Asturias Pizzeria.
The old Asturias is also open under new management.
And there is a new supermarket just next to Lidl called Vidal.
And there is a very fancy new bar called Rocky's Arena bar at that roundabout too - but I guess this may be too far from Punta Prima.
i go every year and im off again new yrs eve i luv this place plenty of bars and restaurants if you are a walker you will find a hell of alot more places all tucked in different streets punta prima is easily walkable to flamenca centre where theres alot of places to eat and drink the new place called rockys is very nice and not far to walk .next to it is little shopping centre with lovely couple of eating places upstairs. if you go inland by 15 to 20 mins by foot theres a beautiful pub called the abbey lovely food and other bars around it any questions pm me
  • Edited by tezmand 2009-12-13 21:27:27
forgot to say we always fly to murcia too you wont get any ciggerettes at that airport
The mini bus goes to the Abbey Tavern at La Florida if you don't want to walk
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.