Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Agonda Beach
20 Posts
No Beach shacks. No sellers.

A couple of hours in a taxi, maybe more depending on roads,

Can't remember price? 15-20 quid?

Bus will take ages.

A couple of restaurants worth talking about. Dunhill (one of the best curries and tandoori fish, Menhino's wife is an amazing chef... they are very overweight!) and the restaurant 200 yards before.
Agonda is fantastic highly recommend Madhu Beach Huts (Shekar and his family are lovely) If you are going by bus you would have to go to Margao and then change or by taxi £15 tops and it would take around an hour and a half
hi agonda now has a few beach shacks one or two with sun beds
from candolim you need to get the bus to panjim 8rp then from the bus station get the bus to margoa which is direct and costs 17rp then you can get a bus to agonda but they dont run frequently so you might have to get a taxi which should cost about £15 as previously recomended madhus beach huts are brilliant anita :D
When I was last in Agonda (early May), there was a new guest house being built on the beach - it had lovely gardens and a restaurant attached with cabanas overlooking the sea.........can't remember the name but it was gorgeous!!! The guy who was running it reckons there'll be quite a few more shacks etc popping up on the beach next season.

GFF xxx
Hi Goldenflipflop - whereabouts is the new B&B, is at the Dersey/Dunhill end of the village, or near the church / school?

Cheers
Hi Madaboutgoa,

I'm really not an expert on Agonda, have been there a few times but never stayed overnight (yet). The new rooms that were being built looked lovely and the cabanas in the garden were really nice. (not sure if the rooms were being built onto an existing restaurant or if both restaurant and rooms are new???
I do know dersey bar, the rooms are set away from that area from what i remember. I'm off back to Goa at the end of September so when I do my first trip south I'll try to get more info for you.
Sorry I've not been very helpful!!!

GFF xx
Staying in Candolim would I be able to get the train to Margao and then a taxi to Agonda, Fancy trying something different and have never been on a Indian train.
:) 3 or 4 years ago we travelled by bus from Candolim to Majorda, Palolem, Agonda, Cavolissm. It cost us under a fiver for 4 people one way and was an experience!! You have to go into Margao as its the main bus station and I think Panjim, can't remember. Got a tuc tuc from (Canacona i think) to Palolem. You can get the train, but will have to use other transport like i did (tuc tucs are cheaper than taxis). I'm in Candolim and may do the same again but only there for 2 weeks. Always get a price before you get in! Enjoy!
last season we stayed in agonda for the last two weeks of the season it was pretty quiet and a lot of the restaurants had shut
this season we are going back to agonda possibly for the whole season can anyone reccomend any of the restaurants or shacks
we spent most of our time in madhu's last season anita :D
Hi everyone! :D. If anybody is looking for really clean and comfortable beach huts in Agonda, then, you must go and visit my friend Nitin! He just started his business last season, and, would like to have more customers this time round. All his huts are brand new and the setting is absolutely beautiful. I'm sure you wouldn't be disappointed. His mobile telephone number is 0091-9421244672. Does anyone have any questions???
astraEv, what facilities are there in the huts? How much?
Astralev wouldyou happen to have any piccy's of the huts.
Hi Goanmad Tony! All the huts have electricity and, a fan, the beds are kingsize! There may also be twin beds in some of the huts. They all have mosquito nets. The price is negotiable, depending on how long you stay there. I think it would be rs500(per night)for more than one night and, rs400(per night) for a weekly rate. There are two very clean shower rooms with toilets. All the huts are on stilts and the view is stunning.
sleep-r-us, I do have photos, but, unfortunately, I don't know how to post them, sorry, not very good technically! I will try to get someone to help me post them.
Tony, go to agonda, the huts are fine, the beaches are clean and spectacular. loads of places to eat, went there for a night and stayed on. Very chilled out place
I really fancy going to Agonda, it looks gorgeous. Tightjock sent me some great views of the beach and some good photos of the huts as well. Would definitely like to give it a try in November or March (probably March, too many things happening in November)
Hi jill, thank you, normally me giving you tips :lol: They sound good, haven't been that far down, but will do in March, only thing is if gemma is going there in March i'll have to buy her some"pineapple" coffees :!:
tony it is lovely we stayed in a stilted hut on the beach email shekhart1303@sify.com he will look after you big time. And he serves great food too. it takes a while to get there, as i said we hired a bike. but the views and monkeys we saw on the way were amazing. when are next out there?
jill, march 15th till april 6th so plenty of time to spend a couple of days down there :D
Try it Tony it is real chill out time. Madhu, the huts are located by turning right when you approach the beach area, his food is excellant. The dogs fight at night as they all appear to be boys. But the bitches hide their puppies off to the right of the beach And they are not a problem at all. There is a small lagoon at the end of the beach (left) which is interesting.
Swimming is difficult in some areas of the beach as the tide twists. (Sure you know the sea well,) :roll:
so ask or as I remember it is half way down to the left is the best place for a swim. Depends on the sea tho Real great food and company .
enjoy and let me know huh!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.