Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
I'm flying to Goa with MYTravel 22 Feb (flight only) and wondered if anyone knows if I should have paid the extra tax that governments brought in. I've got my tickets and not had a letter from Airtours about it but don't want to get to the airport and then have problems. Can anyone help?
TRACEYM i am flying with mytravel(airtours) from manchester 8th march and i have'nt had to pay the extra tax i phoned and paid a visit to the T/A and they were quite adamant about it saying if i had'nt already heard from mytravel airtours already then there's no tax to pay,i asked if they would expect me to pay it at the airport and she said definitely not.
I just hope she knows what shes talking about.
Thanks Sleep r us. I don't come back until the 16/3 otherwise I would have let you know. Tracy
i am flying to turkey in july with turkish airline will i have to pay extra duty i havent heard from my t/o
Hi
We're flying to Goa with Monarch on a package holiday with Cosmos in a couple of weeks.
This holiday has been booked for some months and obviously we've paid in full and have also now received our tickets.

I asked on the Monarch forum about whether the T/O would absorb the increase or if we'd be asked to pay it at check-in and Ujpest Doza kindly provided the following information:

Charter/Holiday Companies aren't allowed to charge you the extra passenger duty retrospectively.

What you have paid/been invoiced for is your total balance and nothing more can be added once confirmed.

I thought I'd post it on here for information - unless I'm the only silly sod who wasn't already aware of this! :lol:

Polly
We got email from Thomson Yesterday wanting the extra money- we go 19 /5/07. As our card number had changed we had to call them no probs at all .CBG
Airlines can and are asking for the tax to be paid retrospectively.

Some are choosing to absorb the cost.

Kind Regards
Stewart
belfast_lad20 it depends on when you booked (was it after Dec 6th?), if it was flight only or a package holday, and which company you booked with.
Hi all, I had an email about the APD on the 5th feb from Thomsonfly, which was over a week ago, they still haven't taken the extra & hence no updated invoice. Has anyone else had this. The email said unless you wanted to pay by another method we need do nothing, Just suprised I suppose that they haven't taken the extra immediately. Your thoughts would be welcome. Thanks.
hello i booked it in january on a package holiday
hi
Trisantona..... i booked with goldtrail
Just had an email from Ryanair to say that the extra APD will be taken from my credit card some time in the next two weeks.Glad it's at least sorted out and we know where we stand.
Regards

Sharpy
belfast_lad20 Because the tax increase will probably be less than 2% of you total holiday costs, then by law the holiday company will have to absorb that cost and won't ask you for the money.
hi Debdon - like you i received an email from them (thomsonfly) on the 6th feb. I also expected to receive an email confirming the payment had successfully been paid. After a few days, i phoned them on this number, 08700541356, to be told that this number is for scheduled flights only, but she checked my booking ref and said the payment hadn't been taken as yet. What she also said is that there are thousands and thousands of people in our situation and it will take a while to go through them all. So, basically we have to wait our turn. We fly at the end of may, so i will give it a few more weeks and see what happens.
regards - dotty
Dotty, thanks very much for the info, I thought about ringing them but will not worry now. We don't fly until september so we have plenty of time. Just wanted to get my credit card bill paid. Thanks again. Deb.
ive had an email today asking for £5 each from first choice flights for july , it said it was the 2nd email they had sent ,not sure what happened to the first 1 as i never received ,but if i dont pay within 3 days my flight will be cancelled was quite shocked by this, below is the pasted part of my email from them

As you paid by credit/debit card we require your authorisation to collect this additional tax of £5 per person (or equivalent local currency)from your card. You must pay this charge within the next 3 days. If you fail to do so we regret that your booking will be cancelled and will not be allowed to take your flight. Please click the link below to authorise First Choice to take the additional APD due from your credit/debit card
Hi ellie_meg

Interested to read your post above. I believe that you are an avid DIY'er, and I was surprised to see your post.

We booked on-line with FC - flight only - on 30/10/06 for a flight to Antalya on 24/06/07 and haven't heard a whisper from them about extra APD. It was my understanding that they weren't asking for the extra £5. However, they aren't that known for flight only, and following your post, I wonder whether they might be picking up on flight only bookings for the additional APD. Can you advise whether you have booked DIY or package with them.

I am now wondering whether I should give them a call, as we did get a terrific FO price and I would hate them to have an excuse to cancel me.
First choice are charging flight only e-ticket customers the extra APD and are emailing the affected customers throughout the whole of this month by flight date order apparently. See the link below:-

http://www.firstchoice.co.uk/info/latestnews4.html
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.