Malta and Gozo Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Malta and Gozo.
air show
7 Posts
Here's the link to the Malta International Airshow - website is a bit slow at peak times.

http://www.maltairshow.com/Home/tabid/239/Default.aspx

On Sat 23rd and Sun 24th September at Malta International Airport, Luqa.

:fly :fly :fly :fly

Tickets are Adults - LM4.50 Children - LM1.00

It looks like there will be plenty of parking and food/drink facilities onsite. Participants include aircraft from Croatia, France, Italy, UK, USA, Netherlands among others.

Looks like a very good day out, although if they'd spelt the title on the website correctly it would probably inspire more confidence :wink:

Ciao

Susan
Well, we went to the Malta Airshow yesterday afternoon despite the fact that the Croatian display team had cancelled their performance. It was a pleasant afternoon.

It was fairly quiet with not too many crowds or traffic to contend with. We particularly enjoyed the tour around the NATO AWAC aircraft and the display by the Fire fighting plane from Spain. The Swiss were their usual precise selves but most impressive were the Tocaro and F-16 display.

It is a pity that there weren't more static aircraft, or planes that you could board. The children enjoyed themselves and there were plenty of refreshments available.

Does anyone know why the Croations cancelled?

Susan
Hello all, I see in the Maltese papers that this years show was the best ever.

Dave
Lots of media hype over the Malta Airshow, I think I read somewhere that it was the 'best in Europe', now that's stretching artisitc limits!

Living a stone's throw from Waddington, I well know what one of the 'best' airshows is like.

Ciao

Susan
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.