Spain - Canary Islands - Lanzarote Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Lanzarote.
Firstly what a fantastic find. My wife and I are in our 50's and aways on the lookout for something different to do on holiday, ballooning, submarine etc and we did look at the helicopter trip for this year but thought the price a bit steep. But €199 for 1, 2 or 3 persons is well within our budget.

I e-mailed them on Sunday and received a reply same day, did include my e-mail address in the text just in case.

I have now e-mailed them back to make a booking for September and have also asked if we could pay on the day. Will let you know how I get on.
Thank you Peter. :D
It does look good value. There is no way i can afford the helicopter tour but could stretch to this. In fact i've told my son if he gets 100 merits by the time we go (July) we will go on this excursion......he's already at 48!!!
I also wanted to know if the price was 199 euros if there was only 2 of you. I assume it is. I did think about booking in advance but was worried that if I did we would get the only cloudy day of the year!! :D

I am awaiting your response eagerly!!
Anything to help plumbblond, Just to clarify really. I asked about the price and they confirmed it is the same price, €199, for 1, 2 or 3 persons.
Thanks again Peter. :D I have emailed them again with a different email address but have not yet had a reply. Did you use the link on the form to contact them?
Thanks
Still no reply to my e-mail. Maybe they do not want the business. :? I have also e-mailed again asking for a reply.
Plumbblond

Received reply today. :)

They fly from main airport in Lanzarote. Flights are at 9 am, 11 am and 1 pm. You can book now if you want and payment is on the day. :P
:D :D :D
Peter thank you so much. I wonder why they have not replied to any of my emails, very strange!
I will post when we come back in August to let you know how it was.

In the meantime surely someone has already done this??? Please can you tell us what it is like??? And if its worth the money.

Thanks again Peter your a star!! :wink:
That is what the forum is for. help for each other. Enjoy your holiday.
Plumbblond

In hope you are watching this area. I am raising this again to see if you had any joy with the trip. We only have two weeks to go before we fly out. Cannot wait.
Any news on this topic please :)
Sorry, should have posted a reply earlier.

On e-mailing the lanza air and booking a flight we were quoted €199 for the two of us. On checking with them the day before we travelled to Lanzarote the price had gone up to €250. Because of this we cancelled.

We had budgeted the €199 for the cost of our flight in with our spending money so the extra €50 was over what we took with us.

I must point out that the price is still a good price and I realise that costs do increase. However, we were unhappy with the fact that they did not inform us, they were going to tell us when we arrived for the flight.
Thought I would bring up this topic again. I am planning this trip as a reward for my son doing well (hopefully) in his exams. Price doesnt bother me but all I need to know is has anyone done it and what was it like? Roll on July.
I've done this trip about 8 years ago, it was fantastic. Although booking it was quite hard as the number advertised was a family home number and we had to call a different number to book! I think the company was called Lanzair.

When we did it it cost 199 euros for 3 of us. It lasted around an hour. Although expensive (and even more so now with the euro being so low) it was a once in a lifetime opportunity and we were all very glad we had done it. The pilot even let me "take control" of the aircraft which was fantastic. I would definitely recommend the trip.
This was raised last year by another HT member and I looked into it. The person who raised the post also had problems getting hold of them howvever, after e-mailing them in December 2006 we recieved a promt reply giving us details and booked for our visit in September 2007. Do not quote me on the prices but as far as I can remember I think it was €100 per person then.

My wife and I are always looking for different things to do when on holiday and we were looking forward to it but when we arrived the price had gone up to €150 pp, they never gave any warning of the increase so we cancelled, looks like they have dropped their prices now.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.