Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
keela1eva2,

Singapore Airlines are part of Star Alliance and can be used via them. Who and what you can redeem airmiles with are listed here. It's pretty much just flights. Maybe an upgrade on your long flight if you have enough?

Darren
From the search I made on their web site I can't see anything about Hotels or such like. The trip in November will give me more miles and then I may decide to use them towards a shorter flight or an upgrade.
really must use my BA miles as I had no idea that I had so many.
I have not been on Holiday Truth for a long time but as ever you respond almost by return of post. i thank you for that and I do appreciate it!

Sue
Sue

I collect Lufthansa Miles & More miles which are also part (the major airline) of Star Alliance. You can use them
for staying in hotels and car hire, though you do need a fair amount.

If you are not already a member of Kris Flyer (Singapore) you may want to join Miles & More instead. Lufthansa have a world shop and you can use your miles for buying various goods from their catalogue. There is even a shop on Munich Airport where you can use your miles though the shop may be landside not airside.

I have used the miles for hotels a couple of times but usually use them for flights, though I must say that both Kris Flyer and Miles & More are not as generous as they used to be with their mileage accrual and often the taxes you have to pay on flights when you want to redeem miles outweigh any benefits that using the miles may give.

Judith
Thanks Judith

Once again good advice. I could have used some of thr BA miles for the flight Sydney to Perth. 12,000 plus just £8.40 but the only flight that were available for flights tea time and then not direct but via the major cities. The flight with Virgin was only £128 which my Brother booked. When I priced Qantas from this end it was £330
The hotels want huge no of miles so not worth using them. Thanks anyway>

Sue
keela1eva2 wrote:
Wonder if Singapore Airlines be used for anything other than for flights? I have lost all my BMI miles because my account had been dormant.

Are you sure about that? Diamond Club miles never expire so they should still be on your account.

You can now transfer them to Avios points at a rate of 1:1 and spend them with BA.

luci :wave
Thanks for that I will ring them I know that I got 20,000 which I got after being 3 months with them I then used the card and that quite a lot were added at later date Think it was 2010 start time
Will let you know how I get on

Thanks again Luci
You can check by logging onto your Diamond Club account.

Here we gol. I looked on my Diamond Club yesterday on line. It showed that ir was zero
I have just spoken to them and I have 58,517 Miles. Thanks to Luci and Judith for the information. I had thought somewhere along the line that I had been told by email that if I didn't spend on their car I would lose them
Did get an email from KrisFlyer telling me that my account was dormant so thought I had lost them also.
I have 25,000 + and these can be transferred to BA. New total is 83,057 Miles. I used to be able to click on somewhere it showed the map and table of how many miles was needed for Europe and further afield. Can't see where I might be able to travel to.

Again thanks

Sue
If you log into your Executive Club account and Spend Miles (I think) there is a link there which shows where you can fly to.

Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.