General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
As a member of Lufthansa Miles and More I usually fly with Star Alliance airlines so I doubt whether I will ever get to spend time in the Concorde Lounge. :)
I was very impressed with the Singapore Airlines SilverKris Lounge at Changi Airport, Singapore which was very comfortable with lots of food and drink and services to choose from, and very unimpressed with the United Airlines lounge in Honolulu International Airport, spent a few minutes there when catching an early morning flight to Los Angeles and apart from some stale tasting coffee, pepsi and a few sweets there was nothing else to eat or drink.
I can well imagine that the SA lounge at Changi would be fab. :) The PP lounge there was really good.
We only used an airport lounge for the first time this summer, flying out of Bristol. We'll definitely use that lounge again :tup
I cant say I have ever used a lounge, I keep meaning to but then never get round to it.

Perhaps Ill get booked in for Tuesday :)
I have never flown from Heathrow only Gatwick and never used their lounge, was considering for Christmas but I do like to people watch and sit back and take it all in and the lounges may not give me that feel - having said that at Christmas Eve the place may be full of little un's so lounge may be a good idea after all.
I wasn't impressed with the Servisair lounges at Aberdeen and Manchester as they only had a small selection of drinks and snacks on offer and the snack were just that, crisps and nibbles.

However the Galleries Lounge at LHR was really nice with a good choice of hot and cold food. There seemed to be a good selection of drinks, but I just had a small glass of wine.
The Escape lounge at T1 Manchester is really good, excellent food including lovely bacon baps, excellent kiddies/teens room with play stations and scaleletric.
We will get to use the galleries at LHR in November , we fly off about 9pm so will get down to Heathrow about 4 to 5pm park up at the Sofitel and walk through to t5 and get in the lounge and make full use of it !!! knowing that when I get on the plane I can settle down for a good nights sleep and wake up in sunny Dubai .
We will also get to use the terraces at LGW soon as we go to Cyprus , flight is around 8 am so a nice cup of coffee will go down well , I'll have the free champagne with my breakfast on the plane ;)

We did like the Emirates lounge in Dubai , as with Dubai everything is on a large and luxurious scale , but then we went to the gate and it was all a bit chaotic with the boarding , when we left gatwick they came to the lounge to tell us we were ready to board and when we got to the gate there was no- one there , I was worried for a moment and then we got on the plane and everyone was already on there ....waiting....... The cabin crew had left the curtains open and they were watching us take our time to be seated and offered champagne etc . There wasn't too many happy smiling faces :que

The best lounge was one at Heathrow , I can't remember the name , it was a while ago , but they had an enclosed observation "tower" I went up there and sat watching the planes come in you could see all their headlights as they lined up behind each other , and then something came along that looked totally different and I saw Concorde come into land and the roar and noise was unbelievable , not even the poshest and most luxurious lounges can offer that experience now , it was a truly fantastic sight and feeling.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.