Greece - Rhodes Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Rhodes.
it is the main road from rhodes to lindos. just follow the faliraki lindos sign and you get straight to Pefkos. But just take care. It is sometimes quite dangerous on the roads. The Greek overtake whenever they can. They dont care about the rules. And be aware of all the motorbikes. happy driving
thanks for that, sounds like it should be ok then. i agree with regards to keeping your wits a little sharper than usual whils behind the wheel in greece...i suppose though it's just another example of how different greek life is in terms of sticking with the rules, which for me is part of the appeal-i still laugh when i see greek police men in patrol cars without a seat belt on and a fag between their teeth :roll:
Have to admit I never though about driving abroad, but have since drove twice in Rhodes. I have driven from Pefkos (Ilyssion Hotel) to Rhodes and around the Island too and it's been a piece of cake.

FD
hello Greek Kitty

I am in the same situation I have never driven abroad before and I am hiring a car in October. I have decided to not bother driving from the airport and am getting the hire car delivered to my apartments in Pefkos, we are going to jump in a taxi at the airport to Pefkos. I feel happier starting off driving round Pefkos first then venture out onto the main roads more. Good luck
I agree with previous posts, it is quite straightforward as mainly duel carriagway but I always find the junctions in Faliraiki a bit hairy! It may be easier to get a taxi from the airport as they are plentiful and not expensive, plus it may be a waste of a day's hire as you are not going to want to be driving around once you get off the plane etc.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.