Cruises

Discussions relating to Cruising holidays
I believe Princess do Alaska along with a tour of the Rockies.

luci :wave
We did the Alaskan Cruise on Dawn Princess in May 2006. We chose a round trip sailing from Seattle and visited Juneau, Skagway, Tracy Arm, Ketchikan and Victoria before flying home from Seattle. We particularly chose to travel at the start of the Alaskan cruising season on recommendation from some American friends. It was awesome,the scenery breathtaking and we saw so much wildlife - eagles, brown bears, seals and lots of whales. Prior to joining Dawn Princess we took a Land Tour of the Rockies (also arranged by Princess) - thought travelling all that way it made senses to combine the two elements. We started the tour in Calgary and then went to Banff, Jasper, Sun Peaks and Vancouver. The Rockies Tour was amazing. There is the chance to take a Rockies Tour which includes two nights on the Rocky Mountaineer Train but although people we spoke to enjoyed the train we felt we had seen more of the true Rockies by taking the coach.

The Princess Land Tour was especially good value as all breakfasts were included, together with two lunches and a gala dinner on the last night - a lot of other companies operate these trips on a room only basis. Princess also combine Alaskan cruises with Alaskan Land Tours - we hope to take one of these in the future as there is so much more we want to explore in that magical part of the world

Good Luck with your plans.

Regards Suron in Bristol, England
Have just returned from an Alaska cruise with Celebrity Inifinity sailed June 7th from Seattle 7 day inside passage,Juneau,Ketchikan,Hubbard Glacier,Victoria very nice but not as much snow as I had expected or a lot of wild life, but very enjoyable, lovely scenery, great ship.

We did not do the Rockies tour, spent 5 days New york then flew to Seattle for 3 days pre cruise really loved Seattle took the ferries from there to visit the islands and that also had some lovely scenery
Did Alaska with NCL last Summer. Had a great time. I wrote a long review on this site for the Norwegian Sun.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.