Eastern Europe Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Eastern Europe
I cannot help with your question only to say that when we visited Montenegro which we loved we were advised not to drive into Albania with our hired car. Also last night there was a programme on about holidays and buying places in Eastern Europe and they went to Albania and said that there is a lot of building work going on and they think it will be popular over the next few years.

Linda
I think Regent Holidays offer holidays, both the stay put and touring holidays in Albania. I was seriously looking at doing this as a self-drive via the Adriatic ferries from Italy, but have been strongly discouraged from doing so, because of the unwanted and constant interest a foreign plated car would attract. Insurance cover would be patchy at best, and the country is still very far from western standards and things we take for granted - even a placcy handbag, never mind a fashion item - would be a prized possession locally if it could be separated from its rightful owner.

I think the best way forward for you is with a legit, regular and respected operator, such as Regent above. They have plenty of info on the net.
I haven't used Sunvil myself but they do have some holidays to Albania

http://www.sunvil.co.uk/
Has anyone on here been to Albania yet? Inghams have a tour to there in the new brochure and I am quite tempted.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.