Spain - Costa Blanca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Blanca.
albir
5 Posts
Albir is a lovely town with some great great places to eat and drink. Although like yourself we normally stay in Benidorm we have been to Albir a couple of times early evening for a quiet romantic meal and drink, it's the total opposite of Benidorm!!. We also prefer the more laid back relaxed beach (although it is pebbles) to the chaos of Levante beach. Sorry can't be more specific regarding bars etc. but the good thing is that if you find the evenings don't match what you expect your only 4km from Benidorm anyway so can get the best of both worlds!!.
There are a couple of bars opposite the Albir Gardens complex. One is Shores of London that opened fairly recently and is nice and comfortable with live music until the early hours. Whilst it is not a family bar as such they do let children in. A couple of doors away from this is the Dubliner Pub. This is quite lively and most nights they have karaoke or sports on Sky TV although I felt they were a bit expensive on drinks. Further along the road past the Mendoza Supermarket there is a Chinese restaurant where you can have a reasonable meal from their happy menu for about 6 euros, including a drink. Next door is the Winning Post bar where you can bet on all your favourite sports. Other restaurants along this road include an English cafe which does roasts, fish and chips and a decent cheese and ham toastie. If you eat in there after 9:00 pm you may find yourself involved in a game of bingo with the local ex-pats. There is the Transylvanian Restaurant which caters for eastern european and international quisine. Just past this if you turn right you are on the road that leads to the beach. There is a really nice Pancake House on the way (you will only need to order one each because they fill the plate). Along this road there are many other restaurants and bars including an Argentinian steak house, more Chinese restaurants, pizza and pasta restaurants. On the left hand side of the road there is a complex called Alpisol Apartments, on the ground floor of which there are a couple of shops, including the Jolly Fryer fish and chip restaurant, run by a couple from Yorkshire. The food is excellent, the place is spotless and service is very fast and friendly. The road to the beach leads you to many other restaurants, bars and shops. We visit Albir on a regular basis and enjoy the calmer atmosphere. However the live entertainment, discos, karaoke, etc that Benidorm is so rightly famous for is either a 1 euro bus ride or between 7 and 10 euros by taxi. I enjoy a mixture of both. Have fun and hope your weather is better than ours was at Easter.

Regards
kblokey
Thanks for the info sounds fine, a wee change from in your face rincon area of Benidorm.I just hope the weather settles down.
i can recommend a place called scandidnavian home cooking for a good meal
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.